Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

996 02 plate with stuck valve cylinder 6.

My car is 40 days old to me... and is being taken back to the dealer with a stuck valve on cyclinder 6. Hopefully they will fix for free.

Out of curiosity how.much would it normally cost to fix something like this and should I have other things replaced while the engine is.out to future proof the car. It's 02 plate with 90k miles.
Any costs, recommendations etc much appreciated. I'm in the UK.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2018, 04:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
The valve seats are known to drop out of the head due to improper fit on the 2002's.
I'm guessing that's what has happened. I would have Hartech rebuild both heads during this opportunity to improve performance & reliability.

P.S. Search internet for more info about this & print it out to show Porsche dealer to encourage them to warranty!

Last edited by BYprodriver; 09-08-2018 at 12:36 PM..
Old 09-08-2018, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks. What would this cost normally?

Old 09-08-2018, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdwhyte75 View Post
Thanks. What would this cost normally?

Hard to say at a Porsche dealer in U.K. Contact Hartech & get a quote. Best option if you have to pay.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Dealer is taking car back for repair. I hope I can negotiate with them to future proof the car while the engine is out.
What should I replace / repair while the engine is out.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdwhyte75 View Post
Dealer is taking car back for repair. I hope I can negotiate with them to future proof the car while the engine is out.
What should I replace / repair while the engine is out.

With 90K miles it would be good to do a complete valve job & replace all timing chains & any worn chain rails. IMS bearing should be inspected & upgraded with a LN bearing.

Go to rennlist.com forum & read all you can for more info.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: