Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Mark Taylor

Garage
Cool Replacing front trunk release cable on 2000 996

Anyone done this before? Any tricks, tips, etc.? My major concern is the pressed on nut at the latch. How can it be removed w/out destroying? Is it better to remove the cable through the trunk or cabin?

Any help is appreciated, Chao!
Old 04-27-2007, 06:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Why are you replacing it? Is it because you pull the cable and the hood does not always open?

I've always replaced the cable and latch together - the latch is usually the cause of the problem to begin with,.

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 04-28-2007, 06:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Mark Taylor

Garage
I'm replacing it for the simple reason that when I pull the release handle I can tell the cable is broken. This cable was not one of Porsche's brightest ideas. Maybe they got it from Ford. No problem with the latch, or at least I wouldn't think so on a 7 year old vehicle. Maybe the saltwater in the FL air does more damage than the clear midwest Kansas stuff. FWIT, I'm still using the original cables and latches on my 1958 356A, 1962 and 1963 356Bs that I've owned beginning in 1974. Again I question the new version of a simple design.

Thanks for your input though.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: