Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

GT3RS ( Factory Race Version) Completed

I purchased this RS last December with a motor that needed a rebuild and a transmision the same, the suspention has been gone threw, bearings,shocks, data logger system every nut and bolt checked, thought I would share it with the right crowd!

Old 12-15-2007, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 1.2gees
Very nice, who (what team) did you pick it up from?
Ahmet
Old 12-18-2007, 10:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Symbolic Motor Car of Lajolla Ca. the owner drove it in 2 events the it sat for 2 years. Then he sold it too me
Old 12-19-2007, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

very nice! any pics of the interior?
Old 12-23-2007, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Interior pics

The interior remains much the same as I recieved , except for cool suit, STACK Data Pro V3, new Evoulution XL seat upgrades. Some other shots as well, thanks!
Old 12-23-2007, 09:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

drivers view

Scary isn't it
Old 12-23-2007, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

01 996 TT

Garage
Beautiful car, would you share your cost for this example.
Thanks, Vic
04 Hayabusa
96 Buell Lightning, track day bike
Old 01-14-2008, 02:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdsgt3rs View Post
thought I would share it with the right crowd!
Thanks for thinking of us
Defintely dig it.

I guess you've raced Porsches before?

Any particular events you plan on doing?

Have fun,
Dave
Old 01-14-2008, 09:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Owner, Callas Rennsport

NICE but the best thing you could do is get rid of that Stack unit and install a Motec dash. You will be much happier and the Motec will not give you near the amount of problems. Make sure that the shifter assembly has been replaced because they have a tendency to break annually. Interestingly enough, this looks more like an R that was converted to the RS spec but just a hunch because of the Stack, the Diag/Diag S warning lights and the bodywork but it has been a while since I have worked on an R. Sincerely, Tony
http://www.callasrennsport.com
Old 01-15-2008, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I've had the STACK Dash/ Logger updated to version 3 their latest stuff. It hasn't given my data person any problems and I like having Analog tach much better than digital. It does everthing MOTEC does plus I have Run Manager that makes sorting Data easy and the graphics have improved.
It was updated to an RS, Motorsport has updated pretty much everthing to 2005 specs I still need adj. blade Bars and Motons... I may shave a few tenths with those upgrades..maybe later
This year I will run a complete PRC in No. Ca. it will be a blast!there are some very talented drivers running in all classes
The value of this car equals a new 997 GT3 ( street version )
Thanks for checking it out it makes the investment fun!
Old 01-15-2008, 06:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Owner, Callas Rennsport

I think that the Moton's would be a great idea. Lex Carson at Moton helped me win our 3rd place finish with Hurley Haywood, Craig Stanton and Joel Reiser in our GT3R in 2000 with my own Reiser-Callas Rennsport racing team. Great job and ask anytime you have any questions (rennsport@msn.com). Tony
Old 01-15-2008, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

I'm going too Daytona in a few weeks, will be in TRG's pit I think they will be on the podium again this year, but you know I'm ALWAYS pulling for Hurley in the Brumos Porsche, I really like the fact Nascar,GT, F1 CART, you name it mix it up in a rel endurance race! as much as I like Nascar their Hype wears off at the 24 Hours of Daytona I think because of the talent pool.
Can you get me a discount on a set of MOTONS for my GT3R through your friend let me know.

Ferd

Last edited by ferdsgt3rs; 01-20-2008 at 05:49 AM..
Old 01-19-2008, 08:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Owner, Callas Rennsport

I have an idea, give me a call when you can. Sincerely, Tony
Old 01-20-2008, 02:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Nice!!!

Old 02-18-2008, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: