Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Passenger door won't open from outside of the car

My door opens and closes fine from the inside. The whole locking system works great but the door latch will not release from the outside. The lever just moves freely. This is when the passenger door is unlocked, and I can pull the outside handle and the window will drop down. It was giving me a hard time the last few months. The handle would only pull out halfway and then the door would just barely release and open up. Then one day, it just completely stopped opening from the outside, and now the handle moves freely, but the door can only be opened from the inside.

Any ideas? Is it the outer door handle pull lever trigger? Does anybody have a tutorial? I have all the tools to take this apart, but I want to make sure I have the right part.

Thank you in advance,
Ian

Last edited by EEES; 03-29-2010 at 08:30 AM..
Old 03-29-2010, 08:26 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
What was your solution?

Seems I have the same issue with my door. Won't open from the outside but it does trigger the window. Did you arrive at a solution?

Thanks in advance!!
Old 12-12-2011, 04:27 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Check this thread out: Door Lock will not Lock or Unlock from outside? - RennTech.org Forums

In my case, tiny circlip 11 dropped out and pin 10 fell out, releasing the entire handle mechanism. Your case may be different, but this may be a good starting point.

Good luck.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:23 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88carrera View Post
Check this thread out: Door Lock will not Lock or Unlock from outside? - RennTech.org Forums

In my case, tiny circlip 11 dropped out and pin 10 fell out, releasing the entire handle mechanism. Your case may be different, but this may be a good starting point.

Good luck.

This was the same issue with my door handle. A trip to ace hardware and a $.30 yes..thirty cent...split rivet did the trick. I did not have to take the airbag out, but I did disconnect the battery to keep the auto window from going down each time the lock twisted. In all, a 3 hr job and lots of patience...probably 1.5 hrs if I have to do it again....if you have fat fingers...phone a friend because it is tight.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:20 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Thank you for all of your replies. This forum is amazing!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:06 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Old 01-15-2012, 11:06 AM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: