Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Instrument cluster FUSE continues to blow

I just interchanged the control unit for the heater controls (straight forward no issues disconnected one and plugged the other in), noticed my dash went black after i turned on the ignition. Changed instrument cluster fuse, continuously blows IMMEDIATELY when I change it.

Any ideas?

2003 C4S

Any help would be great

Andreas

http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/aoua/
Old 05-08-2011, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Just did the same thing. I think its because my heater control unit is sourced from the US and mine is a UK car. The part numbers were out by the last number. Mine ended in 9. I think I need the one ending 3?? Cant remember.

Mine was just a half malfunctioning screen so put the old one back. Just the cluster not working so glad to hear yours was just a fuse and mine is likely to go back on when I switch the fuse.

Which part number did you put in? I now have a spare US part, to go back on ebay shortly.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

the last digit on the part numbers is the revision number, so the 09 is a newer revision then the 03
87 944S - Sold
77 924 - Sold
Old 06-08-2011, 03:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Ah ok. Thanks for the explanation.

When I put the 03 in it was reading out degrees F not C for the temperatures. I thought this to be a sign that it was the wrong part, along with the blown fuse.

So can the deg f be switched to C? Or is this going to cause a conflict? I didn't go as far as to check the PCM to see if it had switched to f there. Maybe it can be switched back via PCM?

Perhaps if I fit it with the fuse out it will not blow it again..

Might hold on to the part if I can make it centigrade and its ok to use...

Be good to hear your thoughts on that.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: