Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Intermittant 997S Surging

I have a 2006 997S with 51 Engine Power Pack.

One and a half years and 2000 miles after new (in June 2007) while driving to Porsche Parade down West Coast to San Diego, third day out with mostly freeway driving and on cruise control, the car began surging. When I disengaged cruise control and pushed on accelerator the surging got worse. When I cruised at level speed it was still there but not as bad. Worried, I stopped for an hour and tried to find a Porsche shop open on Saturday near Los Gatos but found none. Started back up and it did not happen entire rest of trip. About once a year it does it again and if I stop the car for an hour or more it goes away. Car now has 25k miles. Dealer and Porsche shops canít figure it out. Any suggested ideas are appreciated.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Boost Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to Andial930
throttle surging 997S

Were you able to find out what the issue was? I've started experiencing the same issue with my 2006 997S. The car has 42k miles and all service is up to date. The symptoms seem to be more prevalent when the motor is up to temp. it doesn't have the issue while idling, only under mild throttle. Search on the issue hasn't come up with any answers.

Last edited by Andial930; 10-23-2017 at 08:26 AM..
Old 10-23-2017, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

sounds like clutch slippage.
Remember Warren Hall. Contact me for your Warren 'Early S Man' Hall memorial decals.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I had 2005 Boxster S (Tiptronic) with a similar issue. Under gentle load, like slight up hill at 2000 RPM the throttle surged 1k RPM. This was reproducible in any gear just as long as it was around 2000 RPM.

I was never able to solve it. The new owner of the Boxster has had the dealer try to fix it with no luck.

I have found one other post like this and I have searched a lot. The post never had a resolution either.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: