Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

WTB: 911: Looking to take the leap...

Hi Folks,

let me first say - have been reading this forum for a little while and very coolpeople and content here!

I have been a fan of 911 and now finally looking to take the leap (still in nogreat hurry)

Giventhe issues with the 996/997 Automatic transmission, and given that i need tokeep within budget (probably way under ~40k) I am looking to get a manual 9114S (targa/C) or Turbo to keep for some time (been reading about a lot ofseller's remorse in this forum :-) )

Probablyyou get this everyday here, but would love to get a car that would maintain itsvalue a little and keep it for a long time.

Ilove 964, 993 and the other classis models, but I have realized that I can’tlive with the plain interior that the purists love – I am bells and whistlesguy L the models past 2006 seemto have good interiors

Wouldlove your advice on how I should be shopping for one and where I should I be buying one from.

I have a 2002 xkr Jag - and absolutely love it - but 911 is a different animal, Iwant to keep the jag but my wife only wants one sports car in the family.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Search for a passionate owner who took really good care of their car on the for sale forums here and other Porsche forums. You could look into joining the local PCA too and find someone selling their car thru there. Local Porsche dealers can be a good resource too but I'd be wary of buying a Porsche from any other dealers.

The 997's (2005-2012) definitely have a nicer interior than the earlier 996's so if that's something that really matters to you then you might want to check out the full leather interior option.

Take your time looking at a bunch of them and figure out what you really want before you spend the money. And be sure to get it inspected thoroughly too when you find the right one!
Old 12-02-2015, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
911 , 996 , 997