Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche Crest Clutch Fluid Reservoir on 2004 Boxster S

Hi Everyone,
I need help trying to identify what could be the problem. First, I need to find out where the clutch fluid reservoir is located on '04 Boxster S. Second, I think its the clutch that needs replaced but unsure. The clutch is hydraulic and it has tension when pushed in then yesterday it was lighter. I backed out of my driveway, I hear a pop coming from under the car as if I ran over a can of soda. I was at the light and proceeded to drive but the car was revving up RPMs after I shifted from 1st to 2nd gear, then it hesitated til I gave it gas. After this, the gears worked fine. I want to check the fluid to ensure its not low or dry and create more problems, if any. Can some one please help? I am no mechanic and no Porsche dealer near and most mechanics here don't perform well. I bought the car brand new and never any issues til now. It has over 129K miles and still running strong! Thanks guys.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Clutch and brakes share same reservoir. It sounds like clutch problems. Maybe your clutch pressure plate spring cracked. That would make it easier to push and not hold as well, i.e. Slip.
DE instructor since 1985
Frank
Old 12-09-2016, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thank you so much! I will have it checked out and appreciate your help with the reservoir.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
clutch , clutch fluid , transmission