Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Administrator
 
Dmitry at Pelican Parts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,594
Garage
Porsche 996/996TT/997 DIY Technical Articles

Hello fellow Pelicans

I've put together a few helpful links to our DIY Technical Articles for the 996, 996 TT, and 997 platforms. Each section is broken down by the car's system (Electrical, Suspension, Exterior, etc...) and come with a step-by-side guide to the fix. If you have anymore additional questions, please post a Comment just below one of the articles and someone will get back to you with more details.

Porsche 996 Technical Articles

Porsche 996 Turbo Technical Articles

Porsche 997 Technical Articles


-Dmitry
Old 02-06-2017, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry at Pelican Parts View Post
Hello fellow Pelicans



I've put together a few helpful links to our DIY Technical Articles for the 996, 996 TT, and 997 platforms. Each section is broken down by the car's system (Electrical, Suspension, Exterior, etc...) and come with a step-by-side guide to the fix. If you have anymore additional questions, please post a Comment just below one of the articles and someone will get back to you with more details.



Porsche 996 Technical Articles



Porsche 996 Turbo Technical Articles



Porsche 997 Technical Articles





-Dmitry


Very nice thanks.

I am going to pickup my 997 next Friday. For sure this info is going to be very useful, much appreciated.


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2018, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Administrator
 
Dmitry at Pelican Parts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,594
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngbersenR View Post
Very nice thanks.

I am going to pickup my 997 next Friday. For sure this info is going to be very useful, much appreciated.


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Glad to hear that you'll find it useful. Post some photos of your new ride when you pick it up! Please let us know if you have any other questions or if we can assist with any part needs in the future.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 3
This is my baby.


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2018, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 3
Under my carport.




Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2018, 10:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Administrator
 
Dmitry at Pelican Parts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,594
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngbersenR View Post
Under my carport.




Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Very nice! I love the look of the exhaust as well. Congrats and enjoy it!
Old 02-26-2018, 09:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Redwood Shores, CA
Posts: 130
I just purchased a 2006 911 Carrera S. How does one go about getting a copy of the actual Options List the car came with?
Thanks for any help,
Robert Faust
Redwood City,CA
Old 03-19-2018, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Redwood Shores, CA
Posts: 130
My new to me 2006 Carrera S










Old 03-19-2018, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Administrator
 
Dmitry at Pelican Parts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,594
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaust6024 View Post
I just purchased a 2006 911 Carrera S. How does one go about getting a copy of the actual Options List the car came with?
Thanks for any help,
Robert Faust
Redwood City,CA
Congrats on the new ride! You can likely plug in your vin # into a site like the link below and it should tell you all the options that your car came with.

Vin Decoder
Old 03-19-2018, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Westerville, Ohio
Posts: 1
Dmitry: I have a 2006 Carrera S and have added numerous Pelican performance parts -- comp air plenum, cold air induction, headers and exhaust. Next on the list is suspension improvements. Not sure where to go here since there are so many options. Not going to race it but want to lower it an inch and tighten up the ride. Recommendations are appreciated.

Also would like to understand if I need to address the IMS bearing topic. I have 45k miles currently and no issues thus far. Only drive it about 7 months a year and the other 5 months in storage since I'm in Ohio. Thoughts?
Old 06-13-2018, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:20 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.