Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

996 C2 vs C4 front suspension differences?

I am building a Porsche 914 tube chassis car that I am using 996 C2 suspension. A friend is doing the same but he picked up a complete 996 C4 that had an engine fire to pull his suspension from. We used the C4 tub to build a suspension fixture and stretched the wheel base of the fixture to 96.5". So I noticed his front C4 strut is behind the centerline of the spindle. I know this allows for the front axle obviously. My C2 strut is basically on center of the spindle. So my question is are the C2 and C4 upper strut locations different? The tub itself would be different correct? And the fixture that we made from the C4 shell should not work with my C2 suspension? If you move the bottom and not the top of the strut and vise versa you are changing the caster angle? Am I thinking right on this?
Old 06-01-2017, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Well I have thought about it and came up with this. The two pivot points that make the rotation axis are still in the same location even though the strut may take a different route to get there. So my C2 suspension will still be correct if mounted on a C4 chassis. I guess when its done I will know for sure.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: