Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

997 Starter Motor Replacement

I recently purchased a copy of Mr Wayne R. Dempsey's Motorbooks Workshop 101 Projects for your Porsche 911 1998-2008 996 and 997.Perfect manual for my 2008 997.
One of the projects listed is replace the starter motor. Last week that was my project. The guide tells you to remove the intake parts then the throttle body and this brings you to the starter motor. After I removed the throttle body I started to feel this not right I should be able to see the starter and that was not the case. I had car on my hoist so it was all easy to take a look, the starter is conventional to the side of the transaxle. A couple of bolts and you are done about 20 minutes as opposed to the couple of hours round trip for the remove and replace the intake parts. I purchased the car new in 2008 and is for sure absolutely no question model 997 (manual transmission), it is however a very late in the year 2008 and often I find that correct parts are 2009 year parts. It would have saved me a bit of time if I had checked the location rather than accepting the guide provided in what is an outstanding and excellent book just for this one all the numbers right (2008 997)just different.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello and welcome to the forum! Glad to hear that the book is helpful to you. In addition to the book, take a look at the link below to our DIY tech articles. Most of the procedures are covered in the book, but if you have any questions; feel free to post a Comment just below the article and one of our techs will get back to you with more details. Please let us know if you have any questions!

Porsche Carrera 997 (2005-2012) Technical Article Index | How-to guides for Porsche 911 Carrera | Pelican Parts
Old 08-11-2017, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: