Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

997 Horn fix

One of the horns (uncertain whether high or low tone) in my 997 has failed resulting in a very feeble sound when I have a need to sound the horn...thus it needs to be fixed.
The first task is to access the horn which I understand requires the removal of the whole front panel and thus I seek some advice on how to go about this.
The second task is to fix the horn. I've always been under the impression that a horn is a very simple and reliable device. Unless it is burnt out (doubtful as it worked on and off but now doesn't work at all), is it fixable?
I guess that total replacement may be the correct solution particularly when the removal of the front panel appears to be a major (for me) task.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Porsche 911 Carrera Front Bumper Wheel Liner Replacement - 996 (1998-2005) - 997 (2005-2012) - Pelican Parts Technical Article

You'll probably need to replace the horn. The procedure to get the bumper cover off is at the link above. It is actually not that difficult if you take it slowly and follow the instructions...and remember which screws go back where.

While the cover is off, take the extra time to clean the debris between the A/C condensers and the rads. You won't see anything unless you separate them and back wash the sand and debris out. You will be surprised at how much junk is there. Just remove the rubber shrouds for cooling, then do the 4 screws holding the condenser to the rad and pull away. You do not have to disconnect any coolant or a/c lines. I used some simple green soap to clean the fins and lots of water.
Remember Warren Hall. Contact me for your Warren 'Early S Man' Hall memorial decals.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: