Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Please Help- leak by exhaust manifold- not a cam cover

I have 2007 C2S since 2015 and it's my daily driver. Taking care of this car and do everything I can to have it as long as possible.
I developed a leak that was diagnosed as a cam shaft cover and addressed it. After few days driving looked under the car and oil is still collecting and what seems like it's seeping from exhaust manifold.
What is this?
103k miles on the car, no check engine, no loss of performance. What should I do I am really desperate.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radzio123 View Post
I have 2007 C2S since 2015 and it's my daily driver. Taking care of this car and do everything I can to have it as long as possible.
I developed a leak that was diagnosed as a cam shaft cover and addressed it. After few days driving looked under the car and oil is still collecting and what seems like it's seeping from exhaust manifold.
What is this?
103k miles on the car, no check engine, no loss of performance. What should I do I am really desperate.
You need to investigate further to see if the leak is actually inside the exhaust system or is coming from somewhere else. I'd start by pulling the plugs from the cylinders adjacent to the leak, looking for traces of oil on the plugs. If they are clean, I would then clean the engine, and then start looking for the source.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
You need to investigate further to see if the leak is actually inside the exhaust system or is coming from somewhere else. I'd start by pulling the plugs from the cylinders adjacent to the leak, looking for traces of oil on the plugs. If they are clean, I would then clean the engine, and then start looking for the source.
Everything around is dry as a haystack.engine is pretty clean after cam cover seal replacement and it definitely looks like oil is directly from the exhaust. There is no sign of oil in the coolant which was replaced or coolant in the oil which was replaced as well.
Is it valves? Is there any other name for it?
Old 10-06-2017, 11:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I'd still clean the engine and see what happens; it may be left over from your earlier leak.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Itís leaking and itís definately leaking from the exhaust manifold. Anybody, any ideas?
Old 10-30-2017, 07:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Are you seeing smoke from the exhaust? If it is leaking as much as it sounds you must have evidence of it coming out of the exhaust. If it is, then damage is internal.
If itís coming from inside youíd also have an exhaust leak.
Follow JFPís advice. Clean the area and have another look. Get the car on a lift and really examine it. It is more likely an external leak.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I think you were all right. I cleaned it all up tonight and put a really bright light under the car. It looks like my solenoid valve is leaking which is weird since I replaced all the o-rings while working on he cover. Is it possible that it just went bad? Anyway, I will order all the parts and try to get to it this weekend. I will keep you posted.
Thank you
Old 10-31-2017, 06:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Old 10-31-2017, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Wet solenoid on the top
Old 10-31-2017, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Wet solenoid on the top
Old 10-31-2017, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: