Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Wheel id help

So a short intro, i just picked up misterwaterfall's 2000, 996 roller. If u saw his add in the 4sale section u would know he had a track accident. I have been able to work through most of the issues, even welded up the cracks in the oil pan area and have a perfectly running car.

What i cant figure out is which aftermarket wheels were on the car. He destroyed a rear rim. I was pretty sure it was a cast Avant Garde ruger mesh in hypersilver. Unfortunately they have discoed the wheel. There r many others that look like this wheel and im willing to have a "close as possible" for the short term just to get some miles on this car. The issue i have is i need a 19x10 with a 48mm offset. I have tried the ag forged wheel with the 40mm offset and it puts the tire too close to the fender because the car is lowered.

So what im asking, is their anyone out there that has some insite. My googlefoo has let me down but maybe some of u with more experience can help me find a replacement.

Thx,
Aaron

Old 12-20-2017, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Try eBay. Put "Porsche Wheels 19" in the search bar and see what hits. Many junkyards sell single wheels there and yours may show up.
Good luck!
Old 12-21-2017, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Definitely appears to be Ruger Mesh. Check ModBargains, I seem to recall them having them. I don't know about different offsets.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2017, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thx,

I spent a few hours and pulled the spring off the strut so could cycle the 40mm offset wheel. I was able to "fold" in the inner fender lip and trim the bumper frp so it tucks in nicely. Even though the color is a little off im gonna keep the forged wheel and i ordered an 8mm spacer and longer studs for the other side. If i decide to keep the wheels ill just get them powdercoated to match.
Old 12-25-2017, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: