Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Lowest priced 2002 Cab 4 in the country! Of course there's a lot of reasons.

I've got a deposit on this 2002 Cab 4. I already know there are quite a few issues and most everyone on here would advise against buying it, but I'm a bit of a risk taker when it comes to buying cars. My last two Porsche's was a 2007 Boxster S with a flood title and a 2011 Cayman S with 160,000 miles and I did very well with both of them. There's an entertaining read about the Cayman S on here if interested search Would you buy a well taken care of Cayman S w/160K. Also I'm no longer a "CoupesOnly" driver, living in Florida has changed that.

I've got quite a bit of info from the carfax. I know about the accidents, rebuilt title and mileage discrepancy. I've also called every place that serviced it. It's had 2 major services and the people that owned it were not shy about spending money on it. Unfortunately, I could not find a history of the IMS being updated. But with all the dealers and repair shops I called on this 911 and a few others, none of them recommend updating the IMS at this point. They all said it's a very small percentage and that when they do fail it's way before reaching 100k miles.

My hope is to find someone who owned or knows about this 911 and or if someone near by would be willing to go take a look at it for me.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=187314312
Old 01-01-2018, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Link no worky 4 me
Old 01-02-2018, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Super Awesome Page Not Found

We are so sorry. Perhaps we can make it up to you with some breakfast cake?

No? Well, if this seems like an error on our part, please
let us know.
A ISO/TS16949 certified OE manufacturer of Auto Parts since 2004. Producing fuel line, oil cooler, water outlet/thermostat assembly, coolant water pipes, all kinds of tube/pipes. Website & Page: www.fb.com/021auto
Old 01-02-2018, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

BTW, the 2002ís were in the highest percentage of failure as they had the 2nd gen IMS bearing.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: