Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

996 cabriolet rear baby seat anchor point (latch, tether)

It seems that the 996 coupe have the anchor points under the rear carpet, that can easily be cut open to reveal the tether points.

What about the convertible? Are the anchor points for the baby seat installed already? How do I get them out?

I am still on the hunt for a baby seat the Clek Fllo that was recommended to me doesn’t fit my cabriolet rear seats
Old 01-08-2018, 10:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I removed the back panel but nothing stands out as a latching point for the tether line.
Any suggestion? Can I anchor directly in one of those aluminum flat parts?

Old 01-10-2018, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello - I was able to find the below info from an older thread - this was referenced for a 997, but I would assume this is also the case for 996s:

If you are in the USA the cars do not have the anchors installed from the factory. You have to go to the dealer. There is a kit that includes the anchors as well as the air bag shut up switch,--all must be installed at the dealership.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry at Pelican Parts View Post
Hello - I was able to find the below info from an older thread - this was referenced for a 997, but I would assume this is also the case for 996s:

If you are in the USA the cars do not have the anchors installed from the factory. You have to go to the dealer. There is a kit that includes the anchors as well as the air bag shut up switch,--all must be installed at the dealership.

Thanks.
I am aware of the kit for the front seat, that bolts in the base of the seat rails and requires a software programming as it switches off the passenger airbag if the baby seat is buckled in. The rear seats have no airbag, so I am wondering if what you reference above is related to te front seat kit.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I have 2 kids seats(ages 5 & 7) in the back seats of my 996 Targa using the anchor points in the rear as you mentioned. I also have the seat belts through the kids seats.

Your only option might be the seat belts going through the child seat itself, or wrapping the tether around an object behind the seats(do it yourself anchor point).
Old 01-10-2018, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: