Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

996 Litronics with no headlight washers

I'm decoding the history on my 996, and it has a weird headlight setup. 2002 C4S with 104k miles.

It has headlight washer covers, but there is nothing behind them. They are siliconed on to the face of the headlight.

I've taken the assembly off the car, and what puzzles me is that I don't think I see the what the nozzle subassembly is supposed to connect to.

1) Did all C4S have the Litronics, or was it an option
2) Does this suggest my car did not have the option, but someone purchased the upgraded litronics?

I've had frequent issues with fogging / water incursion, which would seem correlated. The headlights are being shipped off today to Innovative Detailing to have the faux 997 covers taken off and the light assembly polished and coated.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Lits were an option. On cars with factory Lits, they came with washers and auto leveling function. Those added post delivery could be purchased with or without washers, and did not have auto leveling.

Yours sound like someone installed used Lits from a factory installation, but did not want to jump for the $100 washer block off trim to eliminate the washers, so they simply glued them in place.

Crude, but effective.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: