Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

996 rear window regulator

I heard that there was a company that rebuilds regulators. This is the 3rd time in 4 years that I have had to replace the rear driver unit and i'm sick of paying so much for parts that just break again. Anyone have a line on a good service? one that actually gives a warranty. Someone told me that there were metal parts that could be used to prevent this again. HELP ME
Old 02-15-2018, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello and welcome to the forum! I'm attaching a DIY tech article from our site for the procedure if you're able to do it yourself. Please let us know if you have any questions and we'll be happy to help out.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Porsche-996-997-Carrera/77-BODY-Replacing_Your_Window_Regulator_and_Motor/77-BODY-Replacing_Your_Window_Regulator_and_Motor.htm
Old 02-16-2018, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Charlie

Garage
I just replaced both rear window regulators on my 996 Cab. It's a bit of a PITA. I've done it so many times that I have two sets and send them out for rebuild as they wear out. It's just not a very robust design unfortunately.
The place I now use is https://powerwindowrepair.com
Old 02-17-2018, 11:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996 Angel View Post
I heard that there was a company that rebuilds regulators. This is the 3rd time in 4 years that I have had to replace the rear driver unit and i'm sick of paying so much for parts that just break again. Anyone have a line on a good service? one that actually gives a warranty. Someone told me that there were metal parts that could be used to prevent this again. HELP ME
There's a place in Florida that does them for a fair price too. I think around $175 to repair the rear regulator. I'll see if I can find their info.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
911 , 996 , regulator