Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
996 vs Boxster axles

Alright - this might be a little odd, but I'm looking for some information on Porsche axles. I haven't been able to find much searching the internet, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

I'm building a car for 24 Hours of Lemons out of a bunch of random parts I have laying around. I've got 996 rear hubs and an Audi 012 transaxle (I believe same as the G86 in the Boxster, but with larger axle flanges). I also have a Boxster transaxle that I could use if I need to, but the Audi one is worth less...which is better for my project. I need to cobble together some axles for the car and am looking for some combination of inner and outer CVs that I can use. I have some specific questions, but if anyone can point me to where I can get general information, that'd be helpful too.

- I assume base 986 and 996 outer hubs have a different spline count/diameter?
- What about Boxster S's?
- Can Boxster rear hubs be fitted to 996 uprights? (then maybe I could just use Boxster axles as-is)
- Anyone know if Boxster or Boster S outer CVs can be fitted to 996 shafts?
- Alternatively, could 996 inner CVs be fitted onto Boxster or Boxster S shafts?
- Any other interchange info to get 996 hubs to a Boxster/Audi trans?

I know I can get custom shafts made, or possibly have some 996 shafts re-splined to fit the Audi inner CVs, but if there is a solution that uses unmodified parts, that'd be my preference in case I break an axle.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: