Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

P0456 Check Engine Light -08 C4 Cabriolet

Hello all,

I recently purchased my first 911: a 2008 C4 Cabriolet. About two weeks after purchase, my check engine light came on and the error code os P0456. From what I've read so far this seems pretty benign with likely cu'prit being my fuel cap or a vent valve. Does anyone have any experience with this fault? I'm going to try replacing the gas cap first; is that a good start?

Regards,

Jim
Old 03-03-2018, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Check the O ring on the cap for cracks. Car is now 10 years old. Could be any part of the evap system. If O ring is good you might be better off having a better diagnosis then continuing to swap parts until you find the right one.
Remember Warren Hall. Contact me for your Warren 'Early S Man' Hall memorial decals.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thank you Tony. I just replaced the gas cap and the light remained on. I may try disconnecting the battery terminals in case it's a latched fault. If that doesn't work I'll probably take it to a shop and have them isolate it.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbowne View Post
Thank you Tony. I just replaced the gas cap and the light remained on. I may try disconnecting the battery terminals in case it's a latched fault. If that doesn't work I'll probably take it to a shop and have them isolate it.
If you did that and brought it to my shop, we would charge you extra diagnostics time to compensate for the data lost when you disconnected the battery...................
Old 03-08-2018, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: