Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Fuel tank vent issue on 997.2

I have all the symptoms of a non working vent valve. Error code 0441, hard to fill with fuel, and hard start after fill up.
I have seen all the info on the 996 with the valve mounted on the filler neck.
However my 997.2 is not like this. Using duro pro I can activate the diagnosis valve and pump in the canister, but nothing happens when activating the evaporative valve.
My question is where is this valve? It is not in the evap canister, I opened it and there are only the two electrical components listed above in there. These work as I can check them using the durametric tool.
So far I can not find anything on the 997.2 models regarding this valve.

In DME module, activations, I can start the evap valve option but I hear nothing.

If anyone can tell me how the evap system works in the 997.2 I would appreciate it.

What is odd is my old canister was damaged, cracked, no errors or issues at all. I replaced it and now this. Willing to replace again but it seems to be in working order.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Just in case anyone has this issue also, It is fixed.

The fuel tank vent valve is in fact in the engine bay. Mounted just behind the alternator with the small black lines going into it, one electrical connector. One line goes to the intake boot, the other comes from the Evap canister from the front compartment. Inside the evap is the charcoal filter, a valve and a small pump. The charcoal filter has two lines going into it from the bottom, one directly into the top of the gas tank, the other leads down and back to the vent valve in the engine bay.

My vent valve was stuck open causing the "leak" in the system. I removed it and could blow through. I dismantled it and found some debris in the valve assembly, cleaned it and reassembled. Now it is normally closed and opens when 12 volts is applied.

All errors are gone and system works fine.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: