Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 996/997 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Can someone explain the Front Lid opening mechanism on a 997.1?

Folks,

Another technical question, regarding the front lid opening mechanism.

I recently had something bizarre happening to my car: the motor for the Emergency release (when you get stuck in the trunk, as if you could... ) was humming madly....making a very unpleasant noise. I disconnected the battery and the noise went away, after reconnection. It came back shortly after.

After studying the electrical wiring diagrams and the repair manual, it looks like we have no less than 3 mechanisms to open that lid: The regular switch located at the door sill, the emergency release handle (if you get caught inside) and a cable apparently going near the left main headlight.

Could someone explain to me where this cable goes, and how to get access to it from the outside. I turned the wheels and looked inside the left wheel liner, but could not find anything to pull on.....

Also, any help would be appreciated about why such noise would come from the Emergency motor.

Thanks in advance.
Yves
Old 04-05-2011, 05:51 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: