Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche Autocross and Track Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

911 AX out of retirement

This forum is sadly pretty dead.

I stopped prepping my car for SCCA autocross a few years ago, couldn't keep up with the ND Miatas in STR. I'm on my second modern car chosen for it's competitiveness, and hadn't autocrossed the 911 at all since last spring. Even started returning it to stock with intent to put it for sale.

Decided last second yesterday to take the 911 out to a local, small lot autocross. No prep, no checks other than that the tires weren't flat.

Hot tamale, I forgot just how fun the car is. My right foot forgot how to brake without ABS, but otherwise was like riding a bike. The Rival S just eat up slip angle, so use stupid inputs to throw the car, let it rotate, then pin the back end down with throttle. A light, short wheelbase, and narrow car was refreshing after pushing a big sedan around courses all season. The tired, sore arms were welcome.

Hunting for top PAX is nice and all, but yesterday reminded me that AX isn't always about how you index. Renewed my interest in the car a bit, and I have spent a lot of my day looking if new products are out. Ah, it's a lovely sickness. Vid in case anyone cares.

Anyways, go autocross your 911, it's real fun.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Remember all your posts while building my 911 SC FOR Ax.
Good to see you out enjoying the car.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Ova Day

Garage
I have AX'd the 911 a couple times this year and plan on two more at PCA events. It is a fun car to run and more challenging than the M3. I'm wondering what tire pressures you ran. I tried 30F/35R last time. 225-15 245-15 BFG Rival S 1.5. More doesn't seem to be quicker.

https://youtu.be/-ffUd2f7tCg
08 Ski Nautique 375 hp
06 Chevy Silverado
Old 08-16-2019, 07:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Part of the enjoyment was not giving a flying eff about the tire pressures, just driving the car. I did set them to 30f/35r after a 5 mile drive the night before, so not "hot" pressures but not quite cold either.

Running the car again this weekend.
Old Yesterday, 03:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: