Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche Autocross and Track Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Any one use KFP Gold Pads?

Are these pads any good for heavy track use? Compare to Pagid Orange, Performance Friction PF97 or Hawk Blues.

Thanks
Tristan
Old 09-27-2004, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Limbo

Garage
I used them and loved them. Good feel, no fade with proper venting, and they were easy on my rotors. The pagid and hawks may stop a bit quicker, but they destroy rotors.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thumbs up

I've been using KFP Gold's the last several DE's. They're good pads on my '77 911. I had used Pagid Orange exclusively for several years and the KFP's seem just as good. Bed the KFP's in thoroughly. In six years of DE addiction, I had never experienced "green fade" before; the KFP's rectified that on my second or third lap with them! Rather exciting. Luckily there was a nice run-off area at the end of that particular straight! I think they would have been fine if I'd followed the bedding instructions, which I didn't. Since then, I've used them at two more weekends and, IMHO, they've performed as well as Pagid Orange.

Ed Cavalier
Old 09-28-2004, 02:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Used them on my 65 for many many years - before they were called something different -- Kool Kevlar pads. They are great - used them in POC cup racing on my light 911 and never faded. They are a deal, and work wonderfully even on stock solid rotors.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Hey Everybody

I have been a long-time user of KFP pads and was having trouble finding them online so I added them to my inventory. If you're looking for a set they can be found by following the link in my sig.

See you at the track!

Last edited by Bravoaloha; 10-31-2019 at 10:34 AM..
Old 10-31-2019, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: