Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche Autocross and Track Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Video Edmonton Indy 2011

My 390HP 944 against some 750 HP monsters ( the Challenger cars ), the green car in the video is a tube frame purpose built car, if you listen when he is beside me you can hear the straight cut gears. There are some gt3 cup cars in the race, wow do they hustle around the track.

I learnt a few things from this race. My brakes WILL overheat with the R compound tires which Im finally using on this track. I had to back off on braking.

My engine is running like crap after I touched the programming and it will be worth it to spend $500 on a dyno tune. My car didnt run right until about 3500 rpm, thats sort of why the red civic got a run on me into corner 2.

The civic got a run on me into corner 2 and spun on the first lap, I still cant believe it didnt end up in a giant wreck, there were 30 cars behind us. Watch the rear camera after the civic spins.

The Challenger cars went 2 wide into corner 5 every lap inthe qualifying race so I didnt know how I was going to get around them but the white car broke and they were on the wrong side, that gave me my chance to use to corners to build a buffer for the straights. I ran ontop of the painted curb and almost looped it. It wasnt enough of a lead on the first lap to hold off 750 HP on the straights, so I tried harder next lap and almost hit the wall. I was going to try to be closer and then take the inside corner at the end of the straight as even though the 750 hp car would get by on the straight I was pretty sure after the first lap that I could late brake into 1 and take him. If I did he would be behind me the rest of the race.

My car is a LS1 in a 944. I have turbo running gear, but still the front steel control arms. I can brake way better with the r compound tires but turn only margianally better. Im certain that my car needs a suspension overhaul. I think I have hawk blue for pads and my pedal got soft, but you can see there is some pretty heavy braking zones on this track. I can still lighten the car lots more and maybe a better pad like the dtc-60 or 70 will let me use these brakes for a while. The straight was .8km and then 1km long. ( I think thats something like 3/4 mile )

What I like about this race is its 50 cars from 100 to 850 horsepower.

‪Edmonton Indy 2011 In car camera first laps, GT Race‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-26-2011, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
It's like the 'Whacky Races' all over again.

Youtube 333pg333

86 modified 951
Old 07-26-2011, 12:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Same track\event but video from a GT3 car, maybe some sort of cup car....
I got to see that my signal light was on during the race when he passed me

‪Indy race 2‬‏ - YouTube

Last edited by aftermath; 07-28-2011 at 09:39 AM..
Old 07-27-2011, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: