Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche Autocross and Track Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to Physedfailure
GranStand | Sim Racing Products

this is the setup I use. Easily adjustable, light weight and compactable to hide under the bed.

08 Honda Ruckus
81 Targa SC
Old 04-28-2014, 04:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Garage
Well I wasn't going to post this as everybody would expect me to be faster than I am... (one or two hours every other week does not a good iRacer make, even with upgraded gear )

Here's a video of my setup with my daughter driving:

I started with a Stage 1 Motion simulator kit from SimX and fabricated everything else which took months to build.
BTW I got it all together went for a test ride and then came up for dinner and here is an exact conversation I had with my wife:

Wife: So how was it?

Me: Ok...

Wife: You spent months and months building it and it's just ok?

Me: Well...

Wife: Well what?

Me: I got motion sick ...I can take Turn 7 at Atlantic Motorsport Park at 200km/hr and go through with a dozen students on an autocross skidpad and never get sick but one lap on this thing and I'm looking for a bucket!

Wife: Laughing uncontrollably

Stacy "maybe I should stick to the real thing" Chapman
Old 04-28-2014, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Garage
Track List

Track Lists:

Default iRacing Road Course List:

Lime Rock
Laguna Seca
Okyama
Summit Point
Old 04-28-2014, 10:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Garage
Current (Road Course) Tracks I Own:

Mid Ohio
Circuit of America
Interlagos
Brands Hatch
Canadian Motorsport Park
Gilles-Villeneuve
Zolder
Spa
Daytona
Lime Rock
Mount Panorama
Oulton Park
Phillip Island
Road America
Road Atlanta
Sebring
Silverstone
Sonoma
Suzuka
Twin Ring Motegi
VIR
Watkins Glen
Zandvoort

If we have everyone line up with the same tracks we can run those options instead of the defaults.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Not sure what you are saying? The "base package" should have around 10 tracks? I have Road Atlanta and VIR in addition. Will buy others if there is one everyone else has that is awesome.
There's nothing better than: Listening to "Going Down the Road Feeling Bad" ,as I, "Go Down the Road Feeling Bad"
Old 04-29-2014, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Not sure what you are saying? The "base package" should have around 10 tracks? I have Road Atlanta and VIR in addition. Will buy others if there is one everyone else has that is awesome.
Ditto, do we have an updated time?
Mid9 Member #12
Old 04-29-2014, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Garage
There are a couple of more obscure tracks like two road course configurations of Charlotte plus a couple of configurations for Summit, Lime Rock, and Okayama which I believe make up the (10) tracks in the base package Mark's referring too.

BTW I just finished a neat League that encompassed all the tracks that theoretically we from the Atlantic Region Motor Sport (ARMS) would be within driving distance from:

Probably a little more formal than just hosting some fun nights together now, but who knows maybe a bunch of Pelicans will be needing a place to stretch their wings next winter and want to put a League together like this?

As for me I own (...but haven't necessarily mastered ):

Brands Hatch
Charlotte Motor Speedway (road course)
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Daytona
Indy
Lime Rock
Laguna Seca
Mid Ohio
Mosport
New Hampshire
Okayama
Oran Park
Road America
Sebring
Summit Point
VIR
Watkins Glen
Zandvoort
Old 04-29-2014, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Garage
Race for 4/30/2014

I'll host the next one tomorrow but need to decide on a track.

I'd like to do Mid-Ohio.

If we have any objections I'll just set it to one of the default tracks that come with iRacing: Summit Point.

The post about default road courses was just stating what everyone would have. I understand there are variations (short, full, etc) that make up all the configurations. I have quite a few now and actually had to go search online to which ones originally came with iRacing. Yes, apparently Charlotte does have a road course variation. Never driven it...

Last edited by flat6pilot; 04-29-2014 at 10:27 AM..
Old 04-29-2014, 10:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Garage
The small course at Charlotte is almost like driving an autocross with very tight corners. Your not missing anything...

Are we taking the Ruf's out for a spin tomorrow night too?

Stacy
Old 04-29-2014, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

I don't mind adding Mid-Ohio, Watkins Glenn, and Road America to my collection. Other than that, I think we should stick to the Defaults plus (Mid-Ohio, Watkins Glenn, Road America, Vir, Road Atlanta). That gives us a pretty decent selection and adding more will omit people that don't feel compelled to purchase additions.

Actually, I think you're just stalling and have been practicing all week and won't post the track / car selection until tomorrow.

Game on.
There's nothing better than: Listening to "Going Down the Road Feeling Bad" ,as I, "Go Down the Road Feeling Bad"
Old 04-29-2014, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Garage
Session #3

Start practicing!

We're confirmed for Wednesday, April 30th @ 4:30pm PST

I'll proably make it home during qualifying...

Practice begins @4:30 PST
Qualifing @5:30 PST
RACE @6:00 PST

CAR: MAZDA MX5 CUP
TRACK: MID-OHIO (Full Course)
Session: PELICANFORUM
PW: porsche

Last edited by flat6pilot; 04-29-2014 at 09:24 PM..
Old 04-29-2014, 09:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Garage
yea, go figure. I leave work a little early (I have about a 1 hour commute) and give myself enough time to make the end of practice. Oh no, someone decides to block all lanes of traffic 5 miles from work. It take an HOUR just to get to the accident.

I still make it home with about 10 minutes to spare to jump in just in time for qualifing. Nope... iracing doesn't seem to load... can't log in... real slow... I finally get an error message from iracing saying they need a pit stop.. are you effn kiddin me....
Old 04-30-2014, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Thanks for hosting Kyle. Sorry you couldn't make it. Stacy was victorious - smooth as silk. Rich was fast! I was hangin with my pit crew

We agreed on a standardized time: 8:30 PM ETZ. That way, start time is 5:30 PM West Coast and end time will be 11:30PM Atlantic time. Seems doable for all.

I'll host April 7th:
Time: 8:30 PM ETZ
Car: Porsche RUF Track (Base set up to keep it even unless you all want that changed)
Track: VIR
Session: 70 Min practice, 20 Minute Qual, 30 min race.
Server :PELICANFORUM
Pass: porsche

Last edited by cashman; 04-30-2014 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: added password
Old 04-30-2014, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

Garage
iRacing DID go down.. Member login etc...once you guys were in you were good to go... I was stuck on the outside.

I want $1 back!

Glag you guys had a good race and it didnt disconnect you.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flat6pilot View Post
yea, go figure. I leave work a little early (I have about a 1 hour commute) and give myself enough time to make the end of practice. Oh no, someone decides to block all lanes of traffic 5 miles from work. It take an HOUR just to get to the accident.
Was it this west coast accident posted on the Pelican random transportation thread yesterday?

Wow, I could see that blocking all lanes

Not sure if I can make it next week ...but for those that haven't driven the Ruf track car yet, yer gonna love it!

Stacy
Old 05-01-2014, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)

FYI check out Champion Motorsports - Champion Sprint Series Master Post
There will be a sprint (60 minute ) and enduro series (90 minutes and longer) series. Wednesday nights, GT3 based Ruf, BMW and McLaren.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
Checking in. Anything planned for 5/7 or 5/14?
2001 GT3 Cup - "Pepin"
1999 Spec Miata
1996 993 RS Replica
1971 Norton 750 Commando
Alcon Brake Kits
Old 05-07-2014, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)

5/7 came and went. See post #73. Kyle and I tore it up. Well, I tore it up, Kyle kept it on the track. We will set something up for next.week. Hope to see you there.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Garage
I'll be there! I'd love to do spec Miata on Lime Rock or something standard. I'll buy a new track if I must.. Would prefer Road America or Mid-Ohio.,
2001 GT3 Cup - "Pepin"
1999 Spec Miata
1996 993 RS Replica
1971 Norton 750 Commando
Alcon Brake Kits
Old 05-08-2014, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)

You are welcome to host and pick the scenerio you prefer too. It cost $1 and is easy to set up. Kyle has agreed to host next week but I'm sure he won't mind if you beat him to the punch. We have agreed that 8:30pm EST is the time that will most suit everybody. That provides a 5:30 start on the West Coast and an 11:30 end time Atlantic time. Tracks are the standards plus (VIR, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glenn, Mid Ohio, and Road America). See you next week. This will be our fifth consecutive week.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: