Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche Autocross and Track Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Super Moderator

Garage
I sent a heads up to a few of my fellow Porsche racers that don't hit this forum too often.
2001 GT3 Cup - "Pepin"
1999 Spec Miata
1996 993 RS Replica
1971 Norton 750 Commando
Alcon Brake Kits
Old 05-21-2014, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Hey Kemo, Hope you can join us tonight. If so, we will be at Road America which is an upgrade. So if you are purchasing the RUF and Road America you may as will pick one more track and get the 10% discount. So far, we have raced VIR, Mid-Ohio and Road America (first time tonight). Here the other tracks we decided to include that are not standard but everyone pretty much agreed were worth including: Tracks are the standards plus (VIR, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glenn, Mid Ohio, and Road America).
Don't forget Mosport! Gotta give me some sort of home field advantage at least once

(Not that I've ever been to it for real, but someday I will be ...and I'm going to feel a lot more comfortable my first outing with iRacing seat time)

Stacy
Old 05-21-2014, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #102 (permalink)

We are set up for:
Wed 5/28/14
8:30PM EST
Mazda Cup - Fixed
Okayama International
40 min race: Fuel pitstop may come into play. Plan accordingly
There's nothing better than: Listening to "Going Down the Road Feeling Bad" ,as I, "Go Down the Road Feeling Bad"
Old 05-26-2014, 09:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #103 (permalink)
1966 - 912 - SOLD

any one up for a race night?
Old 10-28-2014, 08:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #104 (permalink)

Ok, flat6pilot is usually interest. Might want to pm him.
There's nothing better than: Listening to "Going Down the Road Feeling Bad" ,as I, "Go Down the Road Feeling Bad"
Old 11-02-2014, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMink76 View Post
IRACING NAME LIST (add your name and repost):

Douglas McCrackin
Wolfe Macleod
Kyle Murphy2 (flat6pilot)
Jay Freels
Stacy Chapman
Chris Streit
Mark Bowers (cashman)
Rich Minkler
William Yu (WILSPEED)
Old 08-21-2018, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #106 (permalink)

Insert Tag Line HERE.....

Garage
Send a message via AIM to rattlsnak
Just saw this.. Our local PCA has setup a league for PCAers but we only routinely have 6-7 per race as people have other commitments, etc.. We race every other Sat at 10am est. Anybody interested in joining our group?

and add me in the meantime! Marc Hoffritz!
Old 08-22-2018, 09:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #107 (permalink)

Hey Marc! I just sent a friend request to you in iRacing. Count me in! Just let me know what the session name usually is.

Wil
Old 08-23-2018, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #108 (permalink)

Ive never done this before.

Whats the current reasonable setup if I wanted to by equipment to get started?
Old 08-23-2018, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #109 (permalink)

A windows PC that meets the minimum specs listed on the iRacing website, an entry level wheel and pedal - Logitech Driving Force GT < $150, decent sized monitor , headphones or external speakers.

Most midrange PCs can run iRacing very well. Itís optimized for a wide range of computers.

I used to run a three monitor setup but now I have an Occulus Rift headset for VR / custom rig made out of PVC with a leftover Cobra seat bolted on (with sliders).

Itís fun as heck between track days!
Old 08-23-2018, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #110 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlsnak View Post
Just saw this.. Our local PCA has setup a league for PCAers but we only routinely have 6-7 per race as people have other commitments, etc.. We race every other Sat at 10am est. Anybody interested in joining our group?

and add me in the meantime! Marc Hoffritz!
Marc, PM the details and I'll probably show up.

I've been racing in the Pacific Majors League (Now just The Majors Series) the last couple of years. https://www.pacificmajors.com/

Kyle
Old 08-24-2018, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILSPEED View Post
A windows PC that meets the minimum specs listed on the iRacing website, an entry level wheel and pedal - Logitech Driving Force GT < $150, decent sized monitor , headphones or external speakers.

Most midrange PCs can run iRacing very well. Itís optimized for a wide range of computers.

I used to run a three monitor setup but now I have an Occulus Rift headset for VR / custom rig made out of PVC with a leftover Cobra seat bolted on (with sliders).

Itís fun as heck between track days!
Brilliant, Iíd never have thought of a virtual reality headset!
Old 08-24-2018, 10:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #112 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: