Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche Autocross and Track Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

Garage
I bartended in college and the bands were loud. I quickly learned to wad napkins up with a little spit and have been protecting my hearing ever since. At 56, I can still hear the delicate notes of songs I enjoyed at 18 as a result. One of my favorite plugs are the Etymotics. They're cheap, good and come with a little carry case. For $20 you've got a modest dB knockdown but you can hear the full spectrum. Just quieter. I wear them on the bicycle and I can hear riders talking clear at the back of the group. I wear them on long road trips and can hear the stereo fine but arrive with a more refreshed and clear feeling. The jet noise of an airline trip is surprisingly stressful - something you won't know until you travel with a pair of these in place and get off the plane to....silence..versus that afterboom sound in your ears for the first hour or so. For business, this is important - I feel ready to rock already just walking to the rental cars. Anyhow, a plug for using these mild sound reduction models in some daily life.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Tired Member

Garage
IdahoDoug, You are so right. Most people do not realize how exhausting noise can be. I used to go on 200 mile motorcycle rides, with friends, tearing up the mountain roads around Alamogordo, NM. Even with a full face helmet, those rides wiped me out. That is , until a friend suggested ear plugs. After that, I was faster, more focused and ready for many more miles at the end of the day.
Support vehicle - '00 Suburban 2500 4x4
Son's - '85.1 944
Old 11-30-2017, 03:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
What's Facebook?

Garage
Inexplicably lost 99% hearing in my right ear earlier this year. Unfortunately, the tinnitus along with a rushing sound remain. 60 years of abuse??? Get some good ear plugs and use them. For me it was probably my guitar amps, loud music, lots of motorsports and my 911 megaphone exhaust at full song.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
headers