Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche Autocross and Track Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Install a spring to center it? What? Is that a kit?

I never had problems shifting the 930 until I installed race seats. The bolster really limit shifting. 2nd gear I am pretty much hitting the drivers bolster, and fourth almost hits the drivers... Can't adjust it forward, as it's hard to reach with 6 point belts... With a passengers, 3-4 hits the instructors knee...
Old 07-18-2017, 04:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpu699 View Post
Install a spring to center it? What? Is that a kit?

I never had problems shifting the 930 until I installed race seats. The bolster really limit shifting. 2nd gear I am pretty much hitting the drivers bolster, and fourth almost hits the drivers... Can't adjust it forward, as it's hard to reach with 6 point belts... With a passengers, 3-4 hits the instructors knee...
The WEVO shifters have a self centering 3/4 shift plane for a 915, i guess that wont be the same for a 930 shifter though with only 4 speeds.

The 915 WEVO shifter has been a huge help for me, especially when i'm going thru a tight "S" bend and need to shift, this is where I've usually missed shifts. I've missed 2 shifts since i've got my 911 / 930 hotrod. I guess I got very lucky both times and there has been no difference in performance and i've driven it hard ever since. Tho if I make the dreaded money shift one day, i'll be out of the Porsche driving fun for a while. Not looking forward to the bill for rebuilding a 930 motor but i know its coming some day...
Old 08-16-2017, 09:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
[QUOTE=bpu699;9667288]Install a spring to center it? What? Is that a kit?
/QUOTE]

Never seen a kit. My gear box guy welds a spring loaded plunger to the shift fork. Provides a very nice 3-4 centering.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
I built my engine to turn 8500 rpm but installed a cam with lower torque peak and peak HP at 6900 rpm. Hence my MSD rev limiter is set at 7200. I did have a missed shift on the track when going from 4th to 5th and got 3rd, shift lever was loose. Saw the tach pass 8000. Coasted into the pits and all was ok. My friend, Mike Bruns, engine builder said if no noise should be ok but pull the oil drain and check the magnet. All was ok and that was 3 years ago.
McMinnville, Ore
RGRUPPE #104
Old 08-19-2017, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: