Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche Autocross and Track Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Brando

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven97 View Post
Posts like this irk me. There's zero information, so it's not helpful at all. You're just sending our OP off on a wild goose chase towards a poorly defined goal.

Handles better how? Lap time on a race track? On an autocross course? Your personal subjective feel through the canyons? What modifications were made to this 80s 911? Where would OP "read" to make this happen? Does he guess? How much money would he need to spend, would it be as much as selling his car and actually buying a GT3? Oh, and which GT3, a 2004? A 2018 GT3?

Agree!

Just re-read this, and noticed the car is a DD. To me it's critical you focus on making the car within your comfort tolerance range for DD as the first priority. It's possible to make a nice driver and still enjoy the car at the track, it's also very easy to get so focused on lap times that you make the car pretty terrible for anything else. Nobody has ever "won" a open track day.
HA! "I want to win" was a joke, I do however want to "JOY".
My joy is in performance satisfaction and also I realize a racecar isn't for me on the street. I love that my car has a transmission that is relaxed on the freeway 930 4 speed allows 3krpm at 90mph.... the 915/61 was rather pissed at that speed at over 4krpm. Once off the freeway and onto the canyon roads I love cornering hold through a quick corner or long sweeper, I love knowing I can wait to brake and the front will deal with it with composure.
Now the question is how much "JOY" do I want and does it require autocross/track racing tips and tricks? Ya I want to drive a car that classifies as less comfortable but handles well enough that its worth it. I don't want to feel a crack in the road through my kidneys but understand that it will be less comfy.
I understand that I can get away with a little softer springs and up the anti roll bars but don't know how much. I have adjustable bars ready to install so perhaps that's a tuning thing..
"I want to win" to means I want my car to impress me and everyone else in it....without killing me..
Old 01-23-2018, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: