Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche Autocross and Track Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I’ve been taking an incremental approach

I love solving problems so I drive until get fast enough to start feeling the new problems at that level

Then I work to improve it

Going straight to the hot setup I’d miss all that learning

My suspension guy also is enjoying coaching me

Last edited by wayner; 03-09-2018 at 05:09 AM..
Old 03-08-2018, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehoff View Post
This the THE set-up for TB Carreras. Mine is nearly identical, I'm just running 23/33 (non-turbo), full monoball and G50 spring plates. There's another 8 or so Spec Carreras in POC running basically same as well.

This is the proven set-up for a mean racing machine.
It sure does make for a blast to drive. Forgot to mention that yes, monoballs on the banana arms as well for me. I do feel the added weight of the turbo setup could warrant more TB on the rear. Holding judgment till I drive it with the weight loss from the EFI conversion and hopefully some lighter options in place of the factory deck/wing/bumper/bumper pad combo.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
I installed a set of toyo r888r and they have really raised the stick! I still have some areas of concern but at this point I'm pretty happy. They're 245-40-17 and 315-35-17.
The obvious areas of concern are push still at a much higher limit.
Old Today, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Garage
Well here's my opinion.
I've had my 72 911 for 20 years. It's gone from the stock 2.4L to a 2.7L and now a twin plug 3.0L. Suspension upgrades along the way but still torsion bars. Weight reduction as well as horsepower means nothing it's power to weight! I'm at 9:1.

Good recommendations to find a shop familiar with the older cars or better yet builds or works on vintage race cars. Corner balancing is a must. After I did that the handling is nearly neutral.

I've run my car at Sebring, Road Atlanta and Savannah on track days and out west on about 7 of the tracks on the west coast. I know a better driver could push my car faster but I just work up to my limit and enjoy.

This is still a driver and at 241,000 still puts a smile on my face.
McMinnville, Ore
RGRUPPE #104
Old Today, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: