Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche Autocross and Track Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I’ve been taking an incremental approach

I love solving problems so I drive until get fast enough to start feeling the new problems at that level

Then I work to improve it

Going straight to the hot setup I’d miss all that learning

My suspension guy also is enjoying coaching me

Last edited by wayner; 03-09-2018 at 05:09 AM..
Old 03-08-2018, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehoff View Post
This the THE set-up for TB Carreras. Mine is nearly identical, I'm just running 23/33 (non-turbo), full monoball and G50 spring plates. There's another 8 or so Spec Carreras in POC running basically same as well.

This is the proven set-up for a mean racing machine.
It sure does make for a blast to drive. Forgot to mention that yes, monoballs on the banana arms as well for me. I do feel the added weight of the turbo setup could warrant more TB on the rear. Holding judgment till I drive it with the weight loss from the EFI conversion and hopefully some lighter options in place of the factory deck/wing/bumper/bumper pad combo.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
I installed a set of toyo r888r and they have really raised the stick! I still have some areas of concern but at this point I'm pretty happy. They're 245-40-17 and 315-35-17.
The obvious areas of concern are push still at a much higher limit.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Garage
Well here's my opinion.
I've had my 72 911 for 20 years. It's gone from the stock 2.4L to a 2.7L and now a twin plug 3.0L. Suspension upgrades along the way but still torsion bars. Weight reduction as well as horsepower means nothing it's power to weight! I'm at 9:1.

Good recommendations to find a shop familiar with the older cars or better yet builds or works on vintage race cars. Corner balancing is a must. After I did that the handling is nearly neutral.

I've run my car at Sebring, Road Atlanta and Savannah on track days and out west on about 7 of the tracks on the west coast. I know a better driver could push my car faster but I just work up to my limit and enjoy.

This is still a driver and at 241,000 still puts a smile on my face.
McMinnville, Ore
RGRUPPE #104
Old 06-20-2018, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to smokintr6

I'm getting 1.1G sustained lateral on 5 year old RE11 tires. The old cars arent THAT bad. My setup is basically stiffer torsion bars, and koni sport shocks. I would think with as much tire as you have, your car would stick pretty well. This year is the first time I've really noticed how poorly my 911 reacts to being slightly over driven. Maybe it's a case of slow down a small increment to go faster?

Car looks sweet, by the way!
Old 06-27-2018, 12:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrorunner View Post
I installed a set of toyo r888r and they have really raised the stick! I still have some areas of concern but at this point I'm pretty happy. They're 245-40-17 and 315-35-17.
The obvious areas of concern are push still at a much higher limit.
We had front push also - - was advised to loosen front sway and tighten rear sway - this did help . . .

Regards,
Previous Porsches: 1958 356 Red Coupe - 1972 914 Blue -1972 911T Coupe Aubergine
Old 08-07-2018, 08:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: