Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Boxster, Cayman, 996, 997 Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Carl v S

Garage
Porsche 996 Engine cases for sale

Selling a set of used engine cases removed from a 1999 Porsche 911 with 62,000 miles on it.
It is a 996 with a 3.4 liter engine. The engine was removed to repair a cracked cylinder head. Oil mixing with the coolant. The car ran great, no signs of overheating and no red check engine lights were on. When I pulled the heads I noticed ever so slight signs of bore scoring on the number two cylinder. Project took a different turn.

These would be a great candidate to sleeve either with steel or preferably Nikies from LN Engeneering. Great for someone who wants to send cases to be plated but does not relish the idea of delaying the project waiting for the cases to be shipped back. Perhaps they could also be honed and reassembled as is... There are posts where this has been done. Google Alusil.

Or build it Large and install it in a Boxster!

Cases only, $1650.00

The original pistons, wrist pins and rings are available separately for $300.00

I can crate the engine cases into two cases, each crate would weigh 80 lbs. and the size is 12"x22"x23".

I had looked into shipping them via UPS to Mass. and the cost for both would have been just under $200.

I will crate the engine c cases into two crates to cut down on shipping costs and be able to ship visa UPS instead of truck freight.

Local pick up in Hendersonville, NC also a possibility.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Carl v S

Garage
Bump,

Now $1,500.00

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2019, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Carl v S

Garage
Bump, reduced to $1425.00
Old 11-28-2019, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I have a 2001 engine rebuilt with 3.6 L "Nickies" if you or the next owner want a engine upgrade.

Old 12-11-2019, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: