Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Boxster, Cayman, 996, 997 Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FS 986/987 aftermarket kick panel subwoofer

I have a used custom passenger side kick panel sub woofer box and sub woofer that was used on my 987 Boxster. I believe it also fits a 986 and may even fit a 996 based on some web searches.

It has an inverted motor Illusion Audio 10" sub woofer. Basically, that makes it very thin. The whole box measures about 4.5' deep yet it produces tremendously tight and loud bass.

The speaker alone costs $649 new. If my memory serves me; the actual cost of the whole thing was $1099. I had it installed along with a whole stereo conversion. It's a serious piece of kit for someone installing a custom stereo in their 987/986. The fiberglass enclosure is covered in black vinyl (I always wanted to just carpet it) that is peeling up and would need re gluing (easy job) or carpeting. The grill has some scuffs on it from shoes and handbags but is still in great shape.

I am asking $200 obo plus shipping. I just want it out of my basement!

Feel free to email me with any questions.

Thanks,

Ken

Old 08-25-2014, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I might be interested in this package if it really fits my 2001 996...
Do you have any more info of who made it or why you think that it might fit a 996?

Thanks,

-joe
Old 08-27-2014, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The box was custom molded. Doing a web search on Boxster kick panel subs brings up various products the are being sold as fitting 996, 986, 987 Porsches.

If you are in or around Philadelphia, I would be happy to meet you to see if it fits. If I were selling it for closer to 1k, I'd even take a drive to a dealer to see if it fits a 996 but I'm not. I don't trust the internet, lol, so maybe someone reading this can chime in? Maybe a call to one of the shops that sell such subwoofers would help?

Ken
Old 08-28-2014, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Here's a real longshot.....is this still available?
Old 05-23-2017, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
987 , boxster , stereo , subwoofer