Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Sold..1970 914-6 friends car had engine fire looking to sell

It all happens so fast!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,315
Region Association: Upper MidWest

SOLD... I hate posting this thread because back in the mid 80's I convinced my best friend to buy this car. It has no rust issues car has seen little use since bought but had all the upgrades to suspension and had engine rebuilt by Rick Moe one of the best here in town to a 2.1, Car is all original, interior is a little tired and now body will need paint.

Car suffered an engine fire last summer, my friend called and told me he smelled gas and thought the carbs maybe leaking, engine caught on fire when he removed the carbs to rebuild them. It was extinguished pretty well with 2 hand helds until fire crew showed up.
He has decided not to restore it and I think he would be happy to get 40,000 for it but is open to offers. If I could, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Car is orange
and is in Jackson Wyoming. Last summer after it happened he had hoped Eric Shea could restore it for him, but Eric is swamped with projects and wasn't able to take it on, now he has decided that he must part with it. Has the carbs and new rubber kit. No rust issues not even hell hole, car was a driver had a respray a few years ago, would be a great car to bring back to like new condition.
Clear clean title, matching numbers car. I know this car intimately and can vouch for it.
Inquiries to Charlie

daddydoright@wyoming.com

914 6 Turbo twinplug 3.12
87 924S
Lexus SC400
Lexus LS400

Last edited by iamchappy; 12-23-2018 at 07:22 PM..
Old 12-12-2018, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage

87 924S
Lexus SC400
Lexus LS400
Old 12-12-2018, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Sale Pending..

87 924S
Lexus SC400
Lexus LS400
Old 12-13-2018, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: