Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1980 Porsche 911SC Non-Sunroof Coupe

1980 Porsche 911SC Hot Rod
VIN: 91A0132113
Petrol Blue Metallic (376)

I purchased this Euro Spec non-sunroof coupe a little over two years ago form a gentlemen that had owned the car since 1999. It was originally imported into the United States in the late 1980ís. There are service and ownership records dating back to 1989. These records indicate long term ownership and consistent maintenance. The previous owner had the car serviced at Klub Sport Racing in Riviera Beach, Florida. Major work has included an engine rebuild and gearbox. The suspension has received turbo tie rod ends, Bilstein Sport Shocks, and headers.

Mechanically, the car runs excellent with no issues. As a Euro, it has the 12 row brass oil cooler and retains the original Euro spec 3.0 liter engine with CIS fuel injection. I recently had a glass out re-spray in the original color of Petrol Blue and re-did the interior with lightweight carpet, vintage style seats, recovered dash, factory style roll bar, RS door panels with leather pulls, and Momo wheel. Power windows work properly. It does have a Rennshift shifter installed. This is a non-sunroof coupe. It is currently wearing a steel/fiberglass ducktail, but I do have a standard rear decklid that was also painted. Outside, there are 16x7 and 16x9 Fuchs (real, not reproductions) with new Porsche specific Pirelli tires. I have a set of BBS 16x7 and 16x8 with newer Bridgestones that I will consider including if the price is right. The plan was to have these as track wheels/tires. The sport muffler is an open can and I will replace with a factory style sport muffler (I have two to choose from). There is no catalytic converter or heat. The air conditioning does work, though the thermostat needs attention. There is a Dansk 100 liter fuel tank with a through the hood filler. I did have the original filler door in the left fender removed and new steel welded in place.

I built the car to my liking for spirited street use and the occasional track day, though I have not tracked it. If you are seeking a shiny and jewelry like Singer type build, this is not it. It is a straight and clean hot rod that handles very well and is properly set up. No accidents or serious rust damage was noted when the paint was stripped. The front and rear rails are clean with no signs of damage. All the pans are in excellent condition. I do have the jack and tool kit. Great records, too. All in all, a fun hot rod that I have enjoyed, its just time for my next one. It is not going to Bring a Trailer, so you can be assured that you do not have to worry about inflated bidding. I have built a number of hot rods and a quick search on Pelican and Early S will show what I have done in the past. Again, this is my personal car, registered and titled in my name. Inspections are encouraged.

Asking $49,500 or reasonable offers.

keith@ennismotorsports.com

Old 03-13-2019, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Update

Some additional information. Based on the records I have, the motor was rebuilt at Klub Sport at 131k miles showing on the odometer. I verified with Bruce at Klub Sport that he did the engine and that the previous owner rarely drove the car after it was done. The odometer now shows just under 134k. The car was stored in the previous owners garage and that is where I found and bought it. It was sparingly used for about 14 years, but kept in running condition. There are invoices after the motor was rebuilt showing maintenance.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

SOLD! Off to a new home and to a new friend. This was a fun project and it will now be enjoyed in upcoming drives and track days.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: