Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1987 924s sunroof delete

Hi Pelicans

I'm listing my 1987 924S. 4/18 $ reduced 5524.00 I'm open to offers. Car is completely serviced to date, I have all receipts and with exceptions of the rear seat, all original parts. Located in Northern New Jersey 07901

I purchased the car from my mechanic. He purchased the car from a client who's husband had passed and the car was no longer being driven. He replaced performed a TB service at 129K and drove the car sparingly for one year prior to my purchase.

This 924S is a sunroof delete, the original interior would have been cloth with Porsche script (seats replaced with near perfect factory leather seats), power windows, AC, PS and NO LSD.

All other electronics are in working order except for (the clock light and the drivers door speaker) The light went out and the speaker worked and then stopped. All gauges work even the low fuel lamp.

I purchased the car as a winter project early 2018 to keep from going mad all winter.
On fair weather days I drove the car to and from work and have most recently completed a 200+ mile trip before storing the car for the winter. Its been stored at my parents home with a battery maintainer since Nov. In the last month I've driven the car between 10-15 miles each weekend on short trips just to maintain it. I'm only selling the car due to lack of space. I simply do not have the room and do not like storing any of my cars outside.

I've listed below all the work I've done on the car and during the project have chronicled almost every on an instagram page Mr924s Its a public page if you would like to see it. I'm a 20 year PCA member, club racer, NASA member and been on pelican nearly as long. Ive owned 10+ Porsches and this is the 4th 924/944 Series car. I know them well. I'm available via PM to answer any questions; happy to bring the car for a PPI or show it any day of the week. Ask away. Happy to speak on the phone as well.

The cars runs excellent and has never failed to start in any temp.
The cooling system operates as it should; fans cycling normally. The AC was completely upgraded with a new compressor and 134 likely around 2016 according to the last owner (my mechanic). This is not a recent charge either, the AC really works and its ice cold, shocking I know.
The other anomaly the power steering works and does not leak! I can't say that about any of my other 924/944's.
The clutch and tans work as they should and all gears shift smoothly with no issues, or pop outs. The engine's powerband between 3-5k build nicely and comparatively the same or better in some ways to my other cars. I think the overall performance is slightly better due to the weight reduction of the 924 chassis and no sunroof.
I do get a very small oil leak 2-3 drops overnight.
The exhaust is factory with a gutted CAT.
The suspension (koni) is new throughout, receipts for all materials and labor are included and detailed below.
I've detailed the interior and replaced the carpets (50%) with a new custom made RS style set up. (see pics)
The car would be a great DE candidate or daily driver with very little upgrades for the track. I would replace the front rotors and pads if DE is in the cars future. Otherwise for street duty they all work as they should.
Wheels are refurbished (powdercoat in dark brown) 15x7 square with tires purchased new. They have less than 2K on them.
Body and paint, its an 87 it has its fair share of dings and marks, faded bumpers,Patina, the trim and mouldings are all there but old and cracked, it doesn't leak at all, rear hatch re glued at some point. comes with color match touch up paint cans if you want to re spray bumpers. When I removed the side moldings the paint had some marks underneath. Paint is probably considered less than fair but its shines, its original and presentable.

I have many other photos here https://photos.app.goo.gl/4gd83ah6DCktdJC17

but have included those I feel describe the car best for any potential buyers.

Here is all the history I have on the car. Unfortunately other than the owners manual and two sets of keys my mechanic didn't receive anything from the PO.

Current mileage - 132k

3/30/1974
Install rollbar

11/24/2018
Pick up rollbar from powder coater

11/15/2018
Car goes into storage
Install new battery maintainer

10/15/2018
Drive to radwood show in Philadelphia (200 mile round trip, no issues)

10/14/2018
Install RS carpet kit
Paint correction

10/9/2018
Oil Filter
Re balance front wheels
4 Wheel alignment
Check TB Service and tensioner
Trans Flush
Install trans mount 944 online short shifter
Front end rebuild installed
Parts replaced (see paragon invoice)
Buy user autopower roll bar from SpeedWerks

5/28/2018
Sand and repaint lower rockers with SEM matte paint

3/25/2018
Install new cam wheel from 944 online

2/21/2018
Power-wash undercarriage and wheel houses
Remove factory door guards

2/17/2018
Pick up phone-dials from powder coater
Install used rear factory roll bar 14mm and mounts from DIMI on pelican

2/11/2018
Replace rear shocks Koni adjustable
Install rear tie downs on lower shock mounts
Receiver new bridge-stone tires
Purchase used set of phonedials 15x7 square set up

2/4/2018
Install 931 Nose panel
Remove front and rear bumpers, compress shocks and remount

1/30/2018
Trim and test fit RS style carpet kit
Drop off sections to trimmer to be bound

1/27/2018
Oil and Filter service
Install new h4 Headlights
Check all parking and marker lights
Replace DME relay
Install new wiper blades

1/20/2018
Remove seats and rear carpet.
Clean front carpets
Install new hood strut rods
Install fire extinguisher and mount
Clean leather seats

1/14/2018
Purchase 130,495
Kenny Smith
Install new timing belt, water pump & roller kit

Last edited by JScaramella; 04-18-2019 at 01:44 AM.. Reason: Price drop
Old 04-06-2019, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

More local pictures; link shows more

Old 04-09-2019, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

BUMP

In light of my pending storage deadline I've significantly reduced my price to 5950.00 Offers welcome
Old 04-10-2019, 05:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Bump...all spares included!

Old 04-12-2019, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

TTT 997 views ....cool
Old 04-15-2019, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Old 04-16-2019, 03:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

ttt price drop, space deadline approaching. $5524.00.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Old 04-18-2019, 01:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Happy Monday �� Bump
Old 04-22-2019, 02:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: