Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FS 1977 Porsche 930 3.0 #s Matching - $37.5K

The time has come to part ways with my 1977 Porsche 930. Iíve owned this car for 6-7 years and my original intention was to restore it back to stock. However, priorities have shifted, and I need to free up some space in my garage for other projects. This is a great opportunity to get into a running and driving early turbo at a reasonable price.

There was effectively zero history with the car when I purchased it. It does have a salvage title and the story I was told is that it was stolen in the 80s and once recovered, was rebuilt with the fiberglass slant nose that you see here. I have no idea if this is true or not but the tub appears to be straight.

It drives very well and runs what I guess Iíll say is ďokĒ. It starts no problem and once the WUR warms up, it settles into a nice idle. However, after driving and coming to stop, it will on occasion ďhuntĒ for the idle and oscillate between say 800-1800 RPM. That said, it is a blast to drive and exhibits the typical early turbo characteristics of being a dog down low before the turbo spools. I have taken it on a couple 200+ mile trips without issue. I need to check the odometer for the latest mileage but it wonít be much over the 55,836 as it indicated in the photo. I have no reason to believe thatís not the original mileage. The engine does leak a decent amount and itís been a while since Iíve been under the car to recall where itís leaking from but my guess is the oil tubes would be one area. The picture of the engine doesnít show the air filter but itís a factory intake that has been modified to accept an aftermarket conical filter. As you will see, the engine # matches the COA and while I donít have a pic of the transmission number at the moment, I have no reason to believe itís not original either as it is a short bellhousing 4-speed.

I updated the interior with an RS carpet kit shortly after acquiring but really should have kept the original shag. I do still have some of the original interior including rear seats (with original carpet / Turbo script), the steering wheel, and the automatic climate control box. There may be other bits and pieces but need to look through the box. I do not have the original radio or door panels.
I also have a set of factory front fenders with welded on turbo flares (but theyíre not the factory butt welded flares as on early turbos).

I have receipts for everything Iíve done since Iíve owned the car which includesÖ
  • Sway bar bushings
  • Shift rod and ball cup bushings
  • Front A-arm bushings (factory rubber)
  • Front ball joints
  • New Bosch starter
  • AppBiz RS perlon carpet kit

And a couple receipts from prior ownersÖ

From 2009 ($1,400)
  • New spark plugs
  • New tires
  • R&R wire harness to restore supply to fuel injection system
  • R&R hoses and vacuum

From 2003 ($3,100)
  • Rebuilt fuel tank
  • New WUR
  • New fuel pump
  • Pedal bushings
  • New fuel filter
  • New spark plugs
  • Used fuel distributor
  • Clean fuel system and injectors

Iím happy to answer any questions, take more pictures, etc.

The car is located in Culver City, CA and is available for inspection, test drive and PPI (at buyerís expense).

Asking $37,500

Last edited by Boostin; 01-13-2020 at 02:20 PM..
Old 10-16-2019, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Bump for a good running early turbo at a reasonable price which has been reduced $2.5K to $42.5K. I've had some interested but would like to get this moved on to the next owner.

Last edited by Boostin; 11-15-2019 at 11:22 AM..
Old 11-15-2019, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Bump with another $2.5K price drop. Asking $40K. Open to any reasonable offers. Thanks
Old 11-21-2019, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Bump. Open to offers. Thanks
Old 12-17-2019, 02:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Bump. How about $37.5K or any reasonable offer.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Bump with a price drop to $35K.

Old 02-18-2020, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: