Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
'87 911 3.2 Cab - 3 Owner

I thought I would post here first since this great forum is a part of the reason I have been able to maintain this car so well.

Asking $39,000

Condition: Excellent
Color: India Red
Title: Clean
Transmission: G50 - 5 Speed manual
Type: Cabriolet
Miles: 144,700

Up for sale is my 3-owner original, honest, accident and rust free, 1987 Porsche 911 Cabriolet with perfect G50 transmission.

I have owned, enjoyed and maintained this great example since June 2012. The car was bought in NY and was mostly used and serviced in the Hamptons for the first part of its life. It was then purchased by the second long term owner who pampered and showed the car.

Second Long Time Owner: Below is the listing description from the second owner when I purchased the car.

"This is my completely stock 911 cab that I have owned for the last 10 years. I am the second owner and have all records from the first owner, plus my own in a binder, in date order. The car has been babied over the years, though driven, and has wanted for nothing. All repairs and maintenance are always up to date. The radio head unit is a newer Porsche unit, but I have the original, and the speakers have been replaced. I have added a strut tower brace, but other than these items, the car is totally stock, never raced and never used in bad weather. Original tools, spare and air pump are present. This is a clean, honest (as my mechanic puts it) car. The car has had many, many parts replaced to restore it to the excellent condition it is in. All done with in the last 10 years: new top, boot, front calipers, engine insulation, wheels refinished to factory-spec, new windshield, new headlight lenses, new fog light lenses, new front chin spoiler, various knobs and pieces of rubber, and many, many more small parts and pieces. Three panels were repainted due to dings and rock chips: front and rear hoods, left quarter panel due to a nice ding in the paint. The outside mirrors were also repainted, again, because of rock chips. The car has no accidents. It runs tight, clutch is strong and shifts beautifully. The color is actually Porsche India Red.

The car was maintained at TKX Performance in Huntington, Long Island, NY. I purchased it from Formula Motor Sports in Long Island City, NY in 2002 from the previous owner's mechanic. At that time he did extensive work on the car to get it ready for sale, including the clutch, but unfortunately these are the only records I do not have. The car is a pleasure to drive, the paint shines beautifully and I have records from Porsche Club concourse events where the car always placed in the top 3 in Street Class. I also have a mention in the Porsche club local magazine about the car and how perfect it was winning first place one year."

Current/Third Owner:

Since my ownership in June 2012 I have fully maintained the car, stored it indoors and put less than 4,000 more miles on. It's in even better condition than when I bought it. In addition to the records that came with the car, I have all my records as well as a spreadsheet detailing the car's history. Here is a list of some maintenance and improvements under my ownership.

- Upon arrival in June 2012 the car was cleaned and detailed including the engine bay which was steam cleaned/degreased.

- Installed Steve Wong Chip

- In June 2013 I noticed an issue at times when starting. It turned out to be one broken tooth on the ring gear. The engine was dropped to replace the starter ring and, while we had the engine out, decided to replace the Clutch, Starter and Main Seal. At this time I also had the brake lines replaced with steel braided lines and brake fluid flushed and replaced with ATE Super Blue. Brake pads and oil/filter were also completed.

- In the summer of 2013 we took her on a 900 mile roundtrip trek through the Adirondack Mountains. We had zero issues, ran absolutely perfect. During this summer, I also replaced the spark plugs with NDK BPR6ES and also replaced the Cap and Rotor for good measure. Additionally, I installed a Fabspeed Premuffler instead of the Cat Converter. Excellent sound and a noticeable reduction of heat being thrown off from the Cat.

- In the winter of 2014 we tackled some maintenance issues that were overdue. The work included the following:

- Oil Return Tubes were replaced
- Cam Cover Gaskets
- Heat Exchangers were removed, media blasted and painted with high temp ceramic paint. All hardware was replaced.
- Driver CV boot showed wear so that boot was changed as well as the hardware.
- Oil, filter and miscellaneous gaskets changed.
- Battery replaced with Optima Red Top

- In June 2014, replaced all tires with Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 (F-2015/55ZR/16)(R-225/50ZR/16)

- In July 2014, replaced transmission oil with Mobile 1 SAE 75W90. Prior oil was not dirty and had no noticeable metal filings on Magnetic Plug.

- In August 2014, installed H&R Trac DRM Style 23mm Hub Centric rear spacers.

- July 2015, replaced all rotors with Zimmerman Sport Cross Drilled, new Akinobe Pads, New Sensors, New hard lines from Front Caliper to Steel braided lines, repacked front wheel bearings, cleaned and painted front hubs.

- In the winter of 2016, completely removed the AC system and replaced all hoses with Griffiths Barrier Hoses, New Compressor, New Front Condenser, New TEV, New Drier, New Blower Motor, cleaned all ground cables, removed third brake light (for looks).

- Spring 2016, decided to do the Heater Backdate to give better access to the engine for cleaning and maintenance. This can be easily reversed.

-2018, installed a Dansk 1 In, 2 Out Sport muffler and dual rear valence.

-2019, replaced the rear drop links and sway bar rubber bushings.

The car needs nothing and runs as it should. This is a true, honest car. Always starts immediately with just a quick turn of the key, idles perfectly. Gears are tight and smooth. Car pulls very strong. Handles as it should. I would not hesitate to drive this car across country.

The paint is excellent with a normal, very small amount of paint chips and swirls etc as it is a driver with 144.7k miles.

For sale to a good home and enthusiast. Please no low ballers, serious inquiries only.

Final Notes: I had the original SQR46 radio refurbished. It works other than the cassette tape. The car currently has a dual sport exhaust and 930S Steering Wheel that don’t come with the car. I will reinstall the OEM exhaust and Steering Wheel before sale.

Thanks

NO BROKERS

'14 Mercedes GL550
'16 Mercedes C300
Old 11-23-2019, 06:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Holiday Bump.
'14 Mercedes GL550
'16 Mercedes C300
Old 12-16-2019, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Post Holiday Bump

'14 Mercedes GL550
'16 Mercedes C300
Old 01-19-2020, 04:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: