Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Pelican Rookie

Porsche Crest 1984 911 Targa Euro Black

1984 Carrera Targa EURO

This is a well-preserved example that has been a daily driver (5-mile office drive) in Southern California for the last 15 years.

Complete binder of service documents spanning the carís life. The car has been professionally serviced for the last 15 years at Dennis Sherman Foreign Car Service in La Mesa CA.

- 2006 suspension overhaul: installed turbo tie rod set, installed 911 Turbo struts and new Bilstein inserts, installed Bilstein rear shocks, replaced ball joints and lowered vehicle to euro spec
- 2007 915 transmission upgrades to include: JWest Engineering RennShift Performance Shifter and a WEVO PSJ bolt in the coupler with a flush of Swepco.
- Southern California car since 2005
- 231 Horsepower European model that was legally imported in 1984
- US DME passes CA smog and registered in CA
- Foldable Targa top and rigid fiberglass top included in sale

Chassis is in excellent condition. No history of accidents and no rust.

The car has 121,862 miles, drives perfectly and the engine has good compression and pulls strongly. It does not smoke.

The interior needs some minor love. Dash cover is cracked and I do not know what is under it. The front driver seat needs to be redone as can be seen in the photos. Driver side door storage came off and I have all the parts just never reattached it.

There is a very small transmission fluid leak that has been stable for 15 years. I have been told by several mechanics that it is probably a bad seal and not worth rebuilding to resolve so I just top off with Swepco at every oil change.

The AC was recharged in 2006 and worked for a long time. In 2015 the compressor failed and was never repaired. A new compressor and recharge should get it back and working.

Summary:
1986 911 Carrera Coupe
121,862 miles
Color: Black
Interior: Black
Asking price: $35,000

The car is located in San Diego, CA.

Images and videos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/L5rUAGxvbMoPEnPD8

Old 09-26-2020, 11:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
3.2 , 911 , carrera , euro , targa