Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FS:1973 RS Touring Conversion/Clean & Done Right!

I posted this a little while ago after I bought my '78 Turbo RSR 934 thing. I was hoping to figure out how to keep both cars, but I just don't seem to have the time to drive this car with my new work committments. I am getting ready to get more active in selling it. I will start advertising this more agressively after the first of the year. Thanks.

PS I have read all the posts about people bashing conversions, their prices, etc. but unless you have seen my car or driven it, you can't compare. The R Gruppe members who know me know that I like nice toys and I invest the time and money in keeping them nice. Also, since this car has been in the R Gruppe since 2000 (the previous owner was in the R Gruppe) many people know that this is a very good straight forward car that doesn't have any strange stories.

1973 RS Touring Conversion
101,000 original miles/Since Rebuild: 15,000 miles
Vin# 9113100045

If you are looking for a complete car done right, than this could be the car for you. I have helped friends looking for nice RS conversions to only find rusted out cars with bad paint and a poorly rebuilt 2.7 CIS motor from a 75 Carrera with a duck tail. This car is truly as close to an RS as you will find.

The car started life out as a 1973 Silver 911T purchased new from Vasek Polak in Southern California. By the late 90’s, the car was transformed into an extremely nice RS Touring. The car was repainted its original Silver. The interior was refurbished and the original Recaro Sport Seats purchased from the dealership were reinstalled (Seat type is Recaro Sports Seat Ideal Super Safety Seat Deluxe). Lightweight door panels were installed as well. Factory RS Fuchs (6x15 and 7x15) were correctly finished and installed. They currently are wearing a new set of Bridgestone Pole Position tires. Car also has period correct Momo Prototipo steering wheel with Porsche crest horn button. I also had the car hardwired for a Valentine-One radar detector…no hanging power cords! Also, a custom set of silver and black Coco mats for the floor.

The motor was completely rebuilt to a 2.7 mfi RS spec motor by Tony from TLG less than 15,000 miles ago. The exhaust system was completely replaced with a new OEM stainless steel (SSI heat exchangers and Dansk muffler ceramic coated) system as well. The suspension was also completely redone with upgraded turbo parts as well as new Bilstein’s. The fenders were rolled and the car corner balanced. The car weight came out to 2,150 lbs!! The handling is truly unbelievable! The car was recently dyno tested at 185hp and 210 torque to the rear wheels (213hp and 242 torque at the crank). This car pulls extremely strong and easily outruns many new Porsches! The brakes were upgraded to Boxster brakes all the way around with cross drilled rotors and Porterfield pads. Also, an RSR style oil cooler was front mounted inside the front RS bumper.

The rear bumper is steel and the front is fiberglass. The car maintains all the Touring trim. Many records are included with the car including all the original owners’ manuals.

I have looked into building a similar car, but the cost would well exceed $55,000 to do it right. It is so hard to find a clean, unmolested ’73 mfi car to turn into a proper RS with all the goodies. There is so much more to tell. Please do not hesitate to call me with any questions.

*This car was recently photographed for an article on the R Gruppe by European Car. The article came out in the January 05 issue which hit the news stands not too long ago. I have a copy of the article.

For tons of pictures, click here:

1973 RS pictures

Paul
714-596-4777
me@paulkramer.com

Price: $39,900

*Price does not include the personalized license plate…may possibly sell separately*

1986 Backdated Carrera (R Gruppe/Rallye Toy)/1999 BMW M Coupe (Track Toy)/1973 BMW 3.0 Coupe (vintage touring)/ 1965 BMW 1600 (Rare first run...needs resto)/ 1967 VW Beetle (Wife's C&C toy)/ 1966 MB O319 22-window bus (vintage hauler)

Last edited by pkramer; 12-31-2004 at 05:55 PM..
Old 12-31-2004, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: