Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FS 1973 Porshe 914 2.0 in WI

I am located in Neenah, WI 54956. I have for sale a '73 914 2.0 Red with black interior. Fuel injection and no modifications done to the engine. 5 NEW 205/50 15 Michelin Pilot XGT V4 tires, over $600 worth on 5 Fuchs 15" 4 lug polished wheels. Black interior in good condition with only a few flaws, mainly a rip in the driver's seat bottom. Center console. Working radio. New Koni Adjustable shocks on four corners and new rear sway bar. Newer exhaust, clutch and clutch cable. It is a pretty clean car.
I will be adjusting the valves this week and doing a tuneup and oil change as soon as the parts come in. It is ready for a tuneup. Th oil looks excellent since the last change. Very few miles put on it in the last 7 or 8 years. The exhaust puffs a bit under full throttle about 3500-4000 RPM but is not noticable under regular driving, idle nor under hard deceleration. I think partly because it needs a tuneup and has not been driven more than a few hundred miles in the last few years. Transmission shifts well.
Glass is in good shape except for one very small stone chip in the windshield. The paint is an older repaint but looks very good. All the lights work perfectly and the headlights go up and down as if they were new. The foglights work great as do the backup lights.
You should have no problem driving it home anywhere you would want to go. I am currently driving any day we have dry roads.
I can not find any evidence that the car has ever been hacked up or fixed poorly. Besides an older repaint, the car looks to be origional and has about 106,000 miles. There is a little bit of rust near the outside edge of the battery tray. The driver's side rear rocker panel has rust and the pass side is rusty. If I were to keep the car, I would replace the pass side and at minimum put the stiffening cap over the driver's side. The floor has surface rust, but looks to be good enough that it does not need replacement with the rockers. There is body flex and the doors do open and close but stick a bit. It is a sharp looking car!
The targa top is in good shape. There are no signs that it was ever in an accident and drives down the highway very well.
The brakes work good. I replaced the brake pads in the front recently.
It is a good looking, reliable car and always starts up easily.
Price is $3900 obo. No REASONABLE offer refused. I will list it on ebay by March 1st if I don't have any interest here. Trades considered for a pneumatic tire forklift, skidsteer or Powerstroke Diesel F-250 or F-350
(920)540-4576.

Old 02-13-2005, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

please post pictures
Old 02-13-2005, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I will have some up this afternoon.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Here are some photos.

Old 02-13-2005, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to dc914guy
Free bump for a nice 914
Old 02-15-2005, 09:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I'll offer $2,000 , I hope your not offended but I've been saving for about 7 months to buy a 914 ,see alot here in ks. but all seem to be turds. I'm interested in yours and a trip to WI. if my offer is accepted thanks
Old 03-16-2005, 03:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I may consider an offer close to that without the Fuch wheels and tires. Call me if you are interested.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

With the fore mentioned rust issues, and smoke "puff", you should seriously speak to Marc.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Thanks for your reply. I think I found one here in ks. just 30min from home. If it doesn't work I'll be in touch ;as far as the rust & puff I was born in 1971 and I also have some rust & puff issues myself ,but thanks ken_xmen for the heads up on that .I looked right over that.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

The "puff" issue is not a problem, and nothing out of the ordinary, just normal exhaust at full throttle, higher rpms. Please don't make it sound like this car is a piece of junk, it is very nice and priced right.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

cliffy- by looking at the photo's it clearly not junk! it looks like a tight machine. a person has to think about the year that this car was manufactured and that it probably been around the block more than once. i understand it's not a brand new 2005 porsche .i exect some wear & tear on a 30yr. auto., but as i said if the other deal fails i am still interested. feel free to e-mail me to talk cars majic898@hotmail.com
Old 03-21-2005, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

still for sale?

I saw the car and was wondering if it is still for sale?
Stacy
Old 03-21-2005, 08:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Still for sale

Old 03-22-2005, 05:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: