Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via ICQ to shrouded Send a message via AIM to shrouded
Porsche Crest 1982 911SC FS in NM - UPDATE 10-27-05

Edited 10.30.05 - Asking price dropped to $10k! - Edit to reflect odometer is now repaired.

I was going to wait a few weeks until I had cleaned up the car and taken some better pictures, but after seeing people recently interested in another 911 in the area, I've decided to go ahead and throw a quick post here. A recent marraige, new job, and new house have tightened both my budget and available project time. So, to lighten the load, I need to find a new home for this 1982 911SC. I am starting asking at $10,000, with consideration given for partial trade offers (I will probably be buying an early-90s Miata so I still have something to autocross next year). I love this car, have treated it well, and will be sad to see it go.

This is the car as I know it:

* 1982 911 SC

* The odometer shows 103,218 miles on the original motor. It reads a couple hundred miles low; I just had it out for repair. No bad gears in this one!

* Purchased by me in early 2003. Maintenance records run back to the first owner. It appears it has never been in an accident, and has spent its life in Albuquerque, NM.

* I know of no rust, anywhere.

* When I bought it, Hans Wittler's Auto (an Albuquerque Porsche shop) completed a PPI. They showed no major issues, and good compression.

* At the time of the PPI there were 3 slow leaks: the oil thermostat o-ring, an oil return tube, and the s-hose. I have replaced the return tube and the thermostat/o-ring. There is still a slow drip, presumably from the s-hose I haven't got to taking care of yet.

* Hans also recommended upgrading to the Carrera oil-fed chain tensioners. I did that using Pelican's kit shortly after purchasing the car.

* I have also replaced the windshield (thanks to rock damage), passenger's window (thanks to a break-in).

* I replaced the battery (now an Optima red-top).

* I replaced the tires tires (now Yokohama YK420s with much life left).

* I replaced the shift bushings & coupler.

* The windshield had a small chip from road debris, which was professionally filled. No cracks.

* The radio was removed in the break-in incident mentioned above. I didn't replace the radio; there is now a factory blank plate in the dash. The wiring is intact. Aftermarket speakers are installed in the doors. The grills covering the speakers were damaged in the break-in (I think they attempted for a moment to remove the speakers), and are currently not installed.

* Factory A/C came with the car, but was empty, and reportedly had a cracked hose, when I bought it. The York compressor and mounting hardware have been removed. Assume the hoses need to be replaced, but the hardware is intact.

* Other options: cruise control, power moonroof, power mirrors, power windows.

* The paint is the original Metallic Rosewood. I would rate it 6/10; there is some chipping on the hood and mirrors, and fading on the roof.

* The interior is tan, with dash & accents matching the paint color. The dash has a single crack at the center. I have removed the back seats and all seat belts, and have installed a harness bar and Schroth DOT-approved harnesses. The driver's seat has been replaced with a Corbeau GTA Lo-Back; the passenger's seat is original. The original driver's seat has been stored. Both OEM seats have had stitching come loose at the seams; I would rate the passenger's seat an 8/10 and the driver's a 6/10. Matching seat covers included. The center console has been removed.

If you have questions, want to see more images, etc. please either PM me here or email me (rob@shrouded.net).

Thanks for helping me find my 911 a good home!

** Edit 10/12/05 5:54pm **

I forgot to add... if you don't like the price, make an offer!

Last edited by shrouded; 10-30-2005 at 10:28 PM..
Old 10-12-2005, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Pics!

Friday night bump, as I get more pics online. Check out a few new pictures here.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Up

Bump, for asking price drop.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Bump, for a repaired odometer!
Old 10-30-2005, 10:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
<insert witty title here>

Garage
Do you have any other pics, esp. of the engine and interior?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 10-31-2005, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Christien
Do you have any other pics, esp. of the engine and interior?

Thanks,
Chris
You're not the first person to ask this. I'm going to run it through the car wash & post some pics at lunch today.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

<insert witty title here>

Garage
d'oh, sorry, I just read the bit in the ad about "email for pics". I'll shoot you a pm.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Pics!

Okay... there is a nice gallery of pics from this afternoon available at my website. Please let me know if you have questions, or would like detailed shots of an area I missed.

Thanks--

Old 10-31-2005, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: