Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
1977 930 ice green all original

lots of photos available on request. Original, unmolested 1st generation 930 with matching numbers, original paint, seats, radio, owner's manuals, maint records and ownership contact information dating to 1984. Stunning 930. 70K, rebuilt at 61K (head studs, carerra tensioner upgrade, valve guides, rings, etc). More info: 202-545-0880.

Last edited by plaidseats; 08-23-2006 at 06:25 PM..
Old 08-22-2006, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
For Sale: 1977 Porsche 930 (911 Turbo). $29,000.00

Additional photographs:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/windsorconsulting-dc/sets/72157594240180659/

- First generation turbo, 3.0L. 237HP.
- US import manufactured 11/1976, delivered to buyer in Florida early 1977.
- Car owned in the state of Florida from new until March 2006. Always garaged. Never tracked, snowed or rained. Currently garaged in Washington DC.
- Known ownership history to 1980. Owners and mechanics dating to 1984 still available for further inquiries about ownership and maintenance history.
- Maintenance records from 1984 to present.
- One of only 727 930s built for the United States market in model year 1977. (695 more were built for the rest of the world.) This is an exceptionally rare car. Of those imported to the US legally, many have been destroyed, and many more have been heavily modified. This unmodified, low-mileage and excellent condition car is exceptionally rare.
- Represented the 1977 model year at the Rennsport 911 40th anniversary celebration at Daytona Motor Speedway in 2004.

Condition:
- Original paint (paint code 266: ice green metallic clearcoat) over most of car. Two fenders and rear tail repainted, probably when car was less than 3 years old. Tail appears to be 1978. Paint overall is in excellent condition with deep lustre. Everything matches. Not an easy color to match. Stunning car to look at. One parking-lot ding on passenger side, couple tiny rock chips.
- US-spec wide rear rubber bumpers replaced by original owner when new with Euro-spec narrow bumpers.
- Interior in excellent overall condition. Black leather lumbars in good condition with some age showing. Cloth inserts clean but slightly faded. Rear jumper seats in excellent condition. Carpet was originally green, previous owner recarpeted with black. Concourse quality.
- Original Blaupunkt am/fm/longwave radio including microphone recorder (for dictating notes to your secretary while driving 140 mph on the autobahn). In German, of course. Includes original owner's manual for radio and antenna.
- Air conditioning was recharged by Florida owners about once a year. Needs recharge. Current owner has disconnected system. Compressor and fans all work.
- Drivetrain very well maintained, engine pulls strong, starts right up every time. Rebuilt at 61K including head studs, valve guides, valve seats, rings, Carerra tensioner update, turbo oil line repair. Recent maintenance includes 4 new ContiSport tires, front pads, clutch cable and pins and bushings, wheel bearing maintenance including CV joints and boots, plugs wires rotor and cap, oil temp thermostat. Turbo recently exhibited reduced boost from 3000-4000 RPM- needs to be checked. Normally builds up to 3200, explodes at 3250 RPM. Currently peaking over 4000 RPM. Vacuum leak? Overboost relay?
- Original 15" Fuchs wheels in mint condition. 4 new tires.
- Power antenna (with original owner's manual), power windows and power sunroof all work. Fuel filler door, bonnet and hood releases all work smoothly. Struts for bonnet (trunk) are weak.

This car is a joy to own and drive. It is my first vintage car, and I realized very soon after I bought it that I am not cut out for owning a vintage car. I worry too much. I do better with new vehicles. It took buying one for me to learn this. Too bad, because it is the best car I've ever owned, and I absolutely love driving it.

Call or email with any additional questions. mkw@windsorconsulting-dc.com 202-545-0880 or 202-374-6591

Last edited by plaidseats; 08-29-2006 at 07:01 AM..
Old 08-23-2006, 08:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: