Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Black and Blue

Send a message via Yahoo to Kemo
FS: 1978 911SC Non-Sunroof Coupe, Euro

This is my 78 Euro Coupe that I have had since 1999. Since I have had the car, I have not had any major problems with the engine or transmission. The car shifts pretty good for a 915, I can shift into first while rolling 2-3 miles per hour (of course that took me a good year to learn ) Its a ROW model and all of the guages are the European ones.

Reason for selling? I have a 1972 RSR project that I need funds for

All of the improvements I have done have been bolt on only. Below is the list of things that might make the car stand out a bit.

Bilstien's - Green all around
Early heat exchangers
Triad Dual-in Dual-out Muffler
Turbo Valve Covers
Pop-Off Valve in Air Box
28 ROW Brass External Cooler
Pro-cooler with serpentine evaporator
Rotary A/C compressor
Factory Sport Seats
Carrera Presure Fed Chain Tensioners
New "green" wire to distributor
RUF Wheel$ for Narrow Body
New Kumho MX with one DE day on them, plus about 100 miles
RUF style bumpers front and rear
935/RUF style mirrors
H4 Headlights
RS America FG Tail
ODO reads ~196K Kilometers (122K miles)
Sikkens Paint work done about 4yrs ago in the original color, Grand Prix White
Black headliner installed at same time as paint

And of course, here are the things that may be of concern with a 30+ yr old car.

Initial startup idles rough for about 10 seconds then smooths out. I usually let the car idle for a few minutes before driving. Second gear syncro is a bit balky at times so a really quick shift could cause a grind if done too fast. 2nd thru 5th gear shifting is very smooth. There have been lots of improvements done to the A/C including a rotary compressor, Procooler and a new evaporator and rear condensor. However, my blower motor stopped blowing last month and is at the top of my list of things to fix over the winter. The car came with a Clarion Pro Audio CD head unit and it appears to be a good fit in the stock location. Aftermarket radios dont sit well with me due to the usual crappy install, but this install appears fairly clean. The carpet is at the end of its life cycle, it needs to be replaced. Also, the driverside map pocket is a fiberglass repro but the passenger side is stock and has some warping. The dash does not have any cracks in it, but if you look real close you can see that it is not perfectly flat either. The center vent slats have a couple of broken rear retainers, so they dont go left and right with the others. I pushed them against the grain of the other in the photo to illustrate. This is basically the original interior.

To sum, this is a great example of an SC. The engine pulls strong and the brakes work fine. Like most 915 transmissions, you have to practice and I would rank this one as better than most when it comes to shifting. The paint is a solid 8.5 out of 10. The bumper upgrades did not affect the original mounting points and can easily go back to stock if thats the direction you want to go. The doors shut tight, no rattles. Its a non-sunroof coupe which gives you a little more head room for the helmet at the track. If you just want to change fluids and an occasional valve adj, this is it.

I would like to get $14,500 for the car - OBO

and here are the pics. I took these with my phone so some are kinda bleached out.

Steve - 512.673.3155

Old 10-29-2007, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Black and Blue

As requested, here a few of the engine.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Black and Blue

Sale Pending
Old 11-01-2007, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Black and Blue

Buyer reconsidered and chose not to purchase my car. So its back up for sale.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Black and Blue

Sale Pending

Old 11-29-2007, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: