Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
1968 911L Coupe

**SOLD**

Non sunroof coupe, Canary yellow/blk, mileage unknown, but probably over 175k.
Engine was rebuilt in 2003, but has only had about 500 miles/year put on it since. Runs well.
2.0 with JE 9.8:1 pistons, Solex cams, 3.2 oil pump, oil bypass, piston squirters, has a couple leaks.
The color is original, but the car was repainted poorly sometime in its past. The chassis is solid with some rust in fenders and rockers.
Six 6" (not deep) and Two 5.5" Fuchs.
Interior is very original, dash is cracked, currently has Corbeau seats and Momo wheel, with rear seat backs out, but I have the orginals.
I have had this car since 1995, I bought it on a consignment lot and didn't get any history with it.
Asking price is $13,000, with the prices of these cars all over the map, I am willing to negotiate.
Car is located in Bozeman, MT.

More pictures here.
E-mail me for more info: joevers at yahoo.com

Last edited by ValveFloat; 02-23-2008 at 07:07 AM.. Reason: car is sold
Old 11-04-2007, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
More info:
VIN is 18805400, engine is a 901/14, S/N 3281367, trans is a 901/05, 3282479.

I got pretty good pictures of the rust issues, rust in bottom of the front fenders, in the front of the rockers, some around the tail lights. Front bumper is very chipped up, as are the rear bumpers behind the wheels. Overall the paint is not great.
Besides the crack in the dash, the interior is really good for an unrestored car. There is currently a wideband O2 gauge in the clock hole, I have the clock. The seat belts are Schroth, I have the originals, but they are missing some hardware.
The transmission leaks, mostly from the output flanges. 1st gear synchros are shot.
The engine runs strong, only smokes on start-up, but it does leak some from chain cases, valve covers and the sump plate. The engine disassembly/reassembly was done by me. Case work was done by Competition Engineering, its got the oil bypass update, the bearing added for the intermediate shaft, piston squirters, Timeserts for the head studs, and he faced the mating surfaces and align bored it. The cylinders (cast iron with aluminum fins) were bored by Engine Builder supply 1mm over for the JE pistons. The head work was done locally with new springs. All the rockers and shafts were replaced. All the engine sheet metal is powder coated.
Exaust system is Bursch headers and a stock muffler.
The current ignition set-up is a Crane optical trigger with Crane CD box and an MSD timing box that controls the advance curve. The mechanical advance in the distributor is locked, but completely reversible if one chooses to. The car runs much better with the current set-up than it did with the stock mechanical advance. I went the MSD route because it was much less expensive than having the distributor re-curved.
The Webers have some throttle shaft play, but otherwise work well.
The fuel pump is a Holley red, mounted in the smuggler's box.
The throttle linkage bushings on the trans were replaced, and that rubber link that breaks was replaced with an aluminum coupler.
The suspension is stock, Koni reds, with most likely original bushings except the spring plate bushings which I replaced with some plastic ones about 9 years ago. At that time I also replaced all the flexible brake lines, front rotors, all caliper piston seals and boots. One piston in the left-front and one in the right-rear are sticking again. The banana arms are from a '66 so they don't have sway bar mounts, but I have the original arms. I was going to replace the wheel bearings in them, but never did, the arms are in good shape.

Last edited by ValveFloat; 12-17-2007 at 04:42 PM.. Reason: cleaning up the thread
Old 11-19-2007, 10:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Bump

Old 01-15-2008, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: