Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4- Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche Crest F/S: 1978 Porsche 911 SC Targa

I have a '78 911 SC Targa. The car has 195,780 miles on it. I acquired the car this last summer from a family member. Prior to me picking it up the car had spent the previous 4 years in a climate controlled storage area up in the Kansas City area at Innerspace storage. Sometime before going into storage the car was driven regularly and the engine had been rebuilt while it was in Germany. The car was there for a brief period of time. (They are in the Miltary and were stationed there.) Unfortunately my knowledge on these cars is very minimal but I will do my best to answer any questions that you might have.

I currently have it on ebay and my reserve is set at $10,000. If anyone here is interested in the car you can simply contact me and I will consider ending the auction early if I need too. My asking price is also $10,000.

For now please view the auction to see the details about the car. I have multiple pictures on it as well to show all the imperfections. I have all these photos plus some available in full size unedited pictures that I can send to you upon request.

Thanks for looking.

-Don Pugh
donpughiii@yahoo.com
479-549-8956 Mobile

ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10156&viewitem=&item=220192421218&_trksid=p3907.m29

photos: http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j183/Quarterracer/Porsche%20for%20sale%20pics/

Last edited by Quarterracer; 01-18-2008 at 09:20 AM..
Old 01-18-2008, 08:58 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Here is my description from ebay for those of you don't like to click on links like me.

Quote:
Up for sale is a 1978 Porsche 911 SC Targa. I acquired this car from a family member last summer and unfortunately my knowledge on these cars is somewhat minimal. I will do my best to paint a visual picture for you and answer any questions that you may have about it. I would love to keep the car but right now I'm unable to afford it.

Nada books the car out at

Low Retail: $15,000
Average Retail: $17,200
High Retail: $23,100

The reserve is well below Low Retail. I currently have the car insured for average.

The car has been garage kept since I've picked it up. The previous 4 years has been spent in storage up in Kansas City. Before going into storage the car was driven on a regular basis and during that time is when my family member had the engine rebuilt. I'm not sure how long ago or at what mileage it was done but the car runs great. Since I've gotten it I've started it regularly and have driven it a few hundred miles locally.

This is not a perfect condition vehicle. It is a '78 and is what I believe to be in pretty good shape considering the age. It has been repainted previously and honestly could've been a better job but it does look good and still shines. The glass for the most part is pretty good as well. The only thing that I've noticed is that the windshield does have the usual pits in the glass from driving and where the rear view mirror was mounted the glass is chipped. The driver side window also has a chip in it on the top of the glass. I've added pictures for both of those.

The front bumper is missing a little piece of trim. I do have the piece that's off the car but for some reason there is a gap when I place it on there. I'm not sure why. It may be as simple as re-installing it. The rubber on the car such as the side-view mirrors and the rear spoiler are a little dried out. I have conditioned it with a vynil/rubber conditioner and it does make them look better. There are also a few chips in the paint on the car as well. I've added pictures of all the little things that I've noticed that you normally wouldn't see in pictures. There won't be any suprises. I can take more detailed photos for you as well. I have all of these and others in greater detail and they can be emailed if needed.

Tires will need to be replaced soon. The tread is still good but the tires do appear to be experiencing some dry rot. I believe it is fine to drive around on but I wouldn't encourage any kind of extended driving or spirited driving. The engine runs smooth and doesn't seem to have any problems. The clutch feels good too. I have noticed recently however that the car is tricky to shift sometimes. If you listen really carefully you can hear a slight whine when shifting the gears. Some gear changes are a little bit louder than others. The only gear I've ever had trouble with is second gear. I've not had time to take it to anyone to have the fluids checked on it yet so I'm not sure if that is a contribution to the noise or not. I have changed the oil and I do have a couple of extra filters for the new owner as well. Again, please call me if you have any questions or concerns that need to be addressed.

I will accept the deposit via Paypal. The rest of the car will need to be payed and secured in full by Certified check or Cashiers check before the car will leave my posession. Please call me if you have any questions.

If you are a local buyer and want to see the car please feel free to contact me as well.

Thanks for looking.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:05 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The ebay auction has ended and the car is still available. I have put out a few second chance offers but no one has contacted me yet. Just give me a call or send me a message if anyone is interested.

Thanks.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:17 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I've lowered the price! I recently found out that the engine has in fact not been rebuilt but the upper half has been somewhat refreshed. I can get my cousin in touch with anyone if they have questions about this. This is why I've lowered the price and I don't want to mislead anyone. I have it on ebay again if anyone is interested. Reserve is 8,000. Buy it now is 8,500 but if anyone here wants it now at 8,000 just pm or email me and tell me you saw it here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220221715281&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=012
Old 04-08-2008, 01:36 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Old 04-08-2008, 01:36 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: