Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4- Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

For Sale 1973 914 2.0 Near Perfect Alaska Blue Metallic

I have owned this car since 2003 when bought from an individual in the middle of a restoration and could not afford to finish. From what I can tell it was a nice car to begin with, no rust repair but I repaired some dents and dings. This car was completely taken apart, painted and reassembled to nearly original condition. The 914 was originally from Georgia, spent a few years in Maryland with me and moved with me to Denver. It has never seen rain since I have owned it. The original color was Alaska Blue, the color today is very similar but with an updated look. Though not perfect, this is one of the nicest 914ís I have ever seen. Many on this forum have seen the car and attest to its originality, completeness and quality. I am not a hack, this car has been put together very well and nicely taken care of I have several very nice Porsches that I take very good care of and its time to move this on to a new owner that will enjoy it as much as I have. I am getting a lot of grief from the wife for all the cars so some have to go.

I would rate this car 9 out of 10 and is ready to enjoy. Nearly everything has been gone over and repaired on this car. I have lots of paperwork and can talk extensively about what has been done over the years. This car is all original with no modifications commonly seen on 914ís, except for the red painted calipers done by previous owner. I do not have the original radio. Though a very nice stereo is included with hidden sub etc. The fuel injection is original and in great working order.

The interior is very nice with, very good carpet and seats. There are no tears or rips, but a few blemishes. Dash is perfect,

This car has good power for a 2.0, and the transmission shifts flawlessly. Suspension is smooth and firm, rides very well and is my favorite car to drive in this respect.

This car is a joy to drive and has no problem cruising at 90mph down the highway.

A few things that need work:

Exterior mirror need new glass.
Rear luggage compartment has surface rust and needs some attention. (Not urgent).
Right Headlight blinks on occasion.
Odometer is beginning to work intermittently. Currently has 98,000 miles. I have put less than 4k miles since restored.

If I were to keep the car, I would address the above items and also install an additional oil cooler, these cars run hot.

Update the exhaust to something other than stock.

Rebuild the head to something other than stock.

Please, serious inquiries only. I can provide many pictures, answer any questions and arrange a PPI.

Price: $14,900 or serious offers. This is not an urgent sale and will take the time with a serous buyer. I have many quality extra's i will include with the car. I will help delivery by trailer within 1000 miles for a fee.

Christopher@camut.com
410-963-8686

Old 12-18-2009, 09:07 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Old 12-18-2009, 09:19 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

bump
Old 12-25-2009, 08:48 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Bump
Old 01-01-2010, 08:38 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rebuilt motor and tranny.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:01 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I will entertain reasonable offers.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:35 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

bump
Old 01-20-2010, 07:06 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

SOLD Thank you Pelican.

Bill enjoy the car!
Old 01-25-2010, 06:31 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: