Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FS: 1978 911SC Coupe - Talbot Yellow - Rebuilt Engine!

SOLD - MAY 29, 2012

For sale: 1978 Porsche 911SC - $17,500.

Three features distinguish this car.
  • It is a non-sunroof coupe, which affords more headroom for taller drivers and a helmet.
  • The color - Talbot Yellow is a less common color for the 911SC (the car was repainted the original color some time before my ownership began in 2004 - see walk around video link for details on paint condition.)
  • A newly rebuilt engine . The engine currently has less than 500 miles on it after going through an extensive rebuild (completed January 2012). The engine work included resized rods, rebuilt cylinder heads, valves ground, new valve guides and stem seals, crankshaft micropolished, new timing chains and ramps, new oil return tubes and o-rings. New main, rod and intermediate shaft bearings were purchased from Pelican before being sent to Calico Coatings for treatment. Mahle pistons and cylinders were re-used. Engine reassembly, installation and tuning were performed by respected Porsche mechanic Richard Buechler, owner of Alpine Motors in Hayden, Id (208 762-7914). Heads, rods and micropolishing were done by O'Neil's Custom Engines, Spokane WA. I have receipts for all work cited.
I have extensive photo documentation of the teardown and build process, much of which can be seen on this photobucket album:

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Also, here is a link to a brief walk around and cold start up:

Porsche :: 1978 Porsche 911SC Walkaround and startup video by brg2290 - Photobucket

Other nice features of the car: Recaro SE seats, Fittipaldi steering wheel, 7" front and 8" rear x 16" OEM Fuchs wheels, backdated exhaust with SSI stainless steel exhaust manifolds and a Monty stainless steel muffler, Optima Redtop, Carrrera chain tensioners and popoff valve. The engine also has DC15 sport profile cams from Dougherty Racing Cams. http://www.drcamshafts.com/911profiles.html

The AC compressor, belt, bracket and rear condenser were not reinstalled. They are available and will come with the car if desired. (Other hoses and AC hardware / switchgear are still in place). I still have the OEM Cork leather seats and they are available if desired also. Cruise control is inoperative. Overall mileage on the car is 155,XXX. Originally a California car, but I do not have the original exhaust manifolds and catalytic converter.

There are several shops familiar with Porsche locally available for a pre-purchase inspection if you so desire.
Porsche of Spokane Service: (509)-210-2018
Silver Star Automotive: (509) 835-5334
European ********: (509) 535-4506

If you choose to come and see the car and are not local, Spokane International Airport is less than ten miles / 15 minutes from my home.

$17500 - price is firm.

Contact via PM or email feature or by phone: 509 (458-4zero48), or 509 (842-823zero), or ask your questions here.

Thanks, Gary S.

Last edited by brg2290; 05-29-2012 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: Car is sold.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

In response to some of your questions and requests for more pictures

Thanks to those of you who have contacted me about the car. Some of you have requested additional pictures, specifically for the dash, the Porsche seats, and the underside of the car. The dash pictures show that, while the upholstery is in nice condition, there is some deformation of the underlying material. I've created a link to a photobucket album with pictures of the bellypan, jack insert points, and underside of the car here; Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket which also includes a photo of one paint chip I neglected to mention in the walk around video.

I will post pictures of the seats this afternoon.

Dash photos:

AC guard and fuel tank:

Bellypan - from transaxle crossmember looking toward front of car.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

OEM Seat Pictures

Some respondents have asked for photos of the OEM Porsche seats that come with the car. I'll attach a couple of pictures below, and also link to photobucket with more detailed photos of multiple profiles here: Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Passenger seat -

Driver's seat - torn piping on entry side bolster, several small possible cigarette burns.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: