Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1970 Porsche 911 Track & Autocross car RSR bodywork 3.2 liter engine

This is a stripped down, purpose built, track and autocross car. This is not street legal. It is a great running, fast, fun car. I have been autocrossing it since 1995. It has done some Drivers Ed days but not many. It has been exclusively autocrossed since 2001. This car won the SCCA XP National Championship in 2006 and won trophies in XP the next 4 years as well. I did not attend in 2011. The passenger side door has a few small dings; the paint has a few cracks in it. The front lower spoiler has some rubs and cracks in the fiberglass. It really is the perfect track and autocross car. It has never let me down. If you are looking for a beauty queen, this isn’t the car.
More photos are readily available.

Asking $22,000 Clean title in hand.

ENGINE
3.2 liter w/ Autothority Mass flow and custom chip –
3.2 Conversion done 1994 Specialty Cars – Allentown, PA
Dynoed 216.5 HP 187.2 ft/lb torque at the wheels –
Dynapack chassis dyno - Sept 2007 Powertech – Rockaway, NJ
Headers – custom sport muffler
Factory front to rear oil lines with B&B front oil cooler.
Wevo engine and transmission mounts

TRANSMISSION
1974 915 w/ Quaiffe Limited Slip
Completely rebuilt Summer 2010 at that time installed custom 2nd gear for more speed for autocrossing
Replaced the case June 2012 with fresh case. All the guts were transferred to low mileage 1976 case. 2nd gear synchro replaced again just because we were there.
Momo shift knob
Wevo shift rod coupler

SUSPENSION
Rear aluminum control arms with monoball inner bushings and Poly spring plate bushings. Factory adjustable spring plates.
Front Carrera Control Arms w/ Poly bushings.
Custom Koni Double adjustable series 8742 front struts. I sent Truechoice a set of front struts and they wet built koni double adjustable strut assemblies. These were rebuilt April 2011. Rear shocks are also Koni 3012 custom valved double adjustable shocks. Monoball front upper strut mounts.
Elephant racing front bump steer kit. Turbo Tie rod assemblies.
22mm front and rear adjustable Weltmeister sway bars. Rear sway bar mounts were replaced. Poly bushings on sway bars. Front sway bar has the adjustable drop links.
22mm front and 29mm rear torsion bars with poly bushings.

CHASSIS
Very clean and straight 1970 chassis. Never been wrecked or in an accident.
Fiberglass RSR front and rear bumpers, fiberglass hood and tail. Fiberglass RSR flares riveted to steel fenders and quarters. Lexan rear quarter windows and rear window. Factory glass windshield.
Steel doors with the guts removed and extra inner door material removed. I do have factory window frames with lexan windows for transport that slide in and out.
The car is completely gutted and weighs 1960ish pounds without the roll cage and 1/8th of a tank of gas.

Wheels
8 - 3 piece lightweight Monocoque wheels included. 6 - 10x16 and 2 - 11x16. I run Hoosier C4000 Slicks. 22/10/16 front and 23.5/11.5/16 rear.

Carrera brake calipers and rotors front and rear. SS brake lines - 23mm master cylinder.
Lightweight Braile sealed battery installed this summer.
Carrera factory fuel tank.
MOMO steering wheel.
Kirkey Deluxe road race seat with black velour cover. This is custom mounted to the floor. It is on sliders.
There is no passenger seat.
Complete bolt in Safety Devices 6 point roll cage with belt guides on the cross bar and door bars (Not installed but included). Wink mirror and correct factory side flag mirror included.
I have the rear brake light assemblies for the track. I don’t run them to save weight for autocrossing.

Contact me via email only dn59 at Verizon(dot) net. I will send you my phone number or please include yours.
Car is located in Allentown, PA

Old 08-17-2012, 11:56 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

More Photos

Old 08-17-2012, 11:59 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Old 08-17-2012, 12:02 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

The ducktail is not with the car anymore. The Turbo Carrera style tail is what comes with the car.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:05 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Sale Pending!
Old 08-20-2012, 03:57 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: