LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1968 Porsche 912 for sale

1968 Porsche 912 - short wheelbase, "long nose" coupe
$18,500
Car is located in the SF Bay Area

What's nice about this car:
  • Very nicely driving car, with great steering feel.
  • 5-speed transmission
  • Original wooden steering wheel
  • Original chrome steel wheels (including spare), and tires with lots of tread left.
  • Completely replaced front pan and front suspension pick up points - welded and sprayed to factory standard.
  • Fully tuned, all new fluids in engine and trans.
  • Rebuilt fuel pump.
  • Jumps to life every time on the first try.
  • Very smooth throttle response with no flat spots, idles smoothly and quietly.
  • All lights work, all gauges work except for the clock and fuel gauge.
  • Many new body gaskets.
  • Car was originally "lime green", an extremely rare 911/912 color (I've read that only six 912s were ever painted this color) Current yellow paint job looks good from 10 feet, but is not the best quality. Ultimately, it should be brought back to original.
  • I bought the car with aftermarket seats, and have replaced them with factory seats from early '70s 911 in original fabric - they look great.

What I would work on next:
  • Transmission shifts crisply, but second gear synchro, as typical, needs replacement.
  • Main engine seal and two pushrod seals will eventually require replacement - engine will leave small drip marks on garage floor.
  • Engine runs smoothly, but will ultimately benefit from an overhaul.
  • Dash top needs to be replaced - plastic "looks like" cover was applied some years back.
  • Original interior vinyl and carpets were partially replaced - no rips, but would look great if replaced as a full set.
  • Brakes are at 30%, and will need new pads/rotors eventually. Car still pulls up straight and true.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Thank you.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
912 , california , coupe , for sale , porsche